15. New Pain New Face

"For the last time. I couldn't see their faces." Poland complained while laying on his bed. He couldn't really move much because of the wound.

I seriously hoped he would give me more to the identity of the two murderers. At least I know that there were two people and one of them is male. Austria, who now sat on the edge of the other bed, yawned," Listen Germany. It's already late and he did say everything he saw. Repeating your questions won't help him."

"He is right. The patient need his rest." Commented Portugal. He was leaning against the cabinets watching Poland's interrogation.

I sighed and faced Poland, "Fine, but if you do remember something, then tell it immediately."

He rolled his eyes annoyed and replied tired, "Will do."

Austria stood up and walked to the door, ready to go. I glance over Hungary who's been silently sitting for a while now.

"Are you okay?" I asked him worried. He flinched and answered, "Yeah I'm fine." He didn't moved from his spot.

"Don't you wanna go to your room and sleep?" I gave him this question.

Slightly he shook his head and said, "I will stay there."

Even Poland looked at his friend worried and said, "You should go and rest."

"I won't leave you here alone." Hungary said stubborn.

Poland sighed tired, "You know it's not the first time that I got shot and knowing my luck probably also not the last. The doctor is here watching me and Czechia is probably all alone in our room. I'm worried that she might so something stupid. Please go and rest."

Reluctantly Hungary stood up and commented, "Fine, but you promise me to not die."

Poland responded tiredly, "Only when you promise me you will take care of yourself." He then rose his hand and stretched his pinky finger out.

"A pinky promise?" Hungary starred confused to Poland.

"Hey I take this shit serious." The patient countered with a serious face.

A sigh escaped from Hungary and he hooked his pinky finger with Poland finger. "Are you happy now?" He asked the pole.

With a weak smile Poland released his finger and answered, "Yup. Now I can peacefully die."

"POLAND!" Hungary warned agitated.

"Calm down it was a joke." He mumbled burying himself deeper into his pillow.

Hungary shook his head trying to look serious, but even he couldn't prevent from smiling for a second. He then finally joined us.

Before leaving the infirmary I spoke to Portugal, "You will stay, right?"

He nodded, "Yes. I have to observe him, incase his slight fever start to rise."

"Okay, but please lock the door. We still don't know who's behind the killing and they might try to get to Poland." I explained and the doctor understood.

We three left the infirmary and walked down the hallway. Hungary's mood swiftly changed and he showed uneasiness. "How are you doing Hungary?" Austria asked looking forward to his brother.

He responded, "Good I think. I'm happy that he survived."

I walked a little bit faster so I was next to him and spoke, "I know that you heard what Czechia said, but you have to understand that she didn't mean it."

"I know what I heard and it doesn't matter if she meant it or not." Hungary commented and walked faster, making a bigger distance to us. I looked back at Austria who just shrugged his shoulder not knowing how to handle the situation.