36. Domino Effect (End)

[This chapter will be a little different. I'm trying to write everything in third person out of curiosity to see if it's better than first person or not.]

The lights of the cameras flashes like crazy and a huge crowd of paparazzis are storming to the courthouse. A group of bodyguards pushed the people away making a path for their client.

The man causing this huge scene stood at the open doors with his signature smile plastered on his face. He corrected his sunglasses to make sure they won't fall down while it's protecting his eyes from the flashes.

Down the road his long awaited limousine finally arrived. The muscle packed guards split the crowd to gave a free way to his car. The reporters are desperately trying to get pictures of him and were shouting their questions in hope he would answer them. They do anything to make their articles be sellable.

But he ignored them and walked confident, if not even arrogant, to his car. His smile never faltered. As he opened the door he gave the crowd a brief goodbye wave and climbed inside the limo.

The chaotic noises and tumult vanished as soon the door closed. The only sound that appeared was the soothing sound of the car engine that started to drive him away.

"You couldn't cause more attention, could you?"

He looked over to his side where UK was sitting. She didn't looked up to USA as she was reading the newspaper.

"Well I can't help myself. Those hyenas went crazy after I got pleaded not guilty." The man crossed his arms behind his head and relaxed on his seat.

UK turned a page over and spoke, "You know that this whole scene was caused because you couldn't shut your mouth."

USA rolled his eyes and countered, "Oh geez. It's not my fault. She tricked us. On top of that it was in the middle of the night. I was tired and annoyed."

His mother only responded with shaking her head disappointed. He noticed it and groaned, "Oh come on it's not as if she ever had a chance at the beginning. No matter how many evidence she would have collected, my net worth made it to be useless for every single court."

For the first time during their conversation she looked up from the newspaper and corrected her son," Still for the future you need to be more careful. Right now we're in every paper and screen because of the murder. It will take weeks until they get interested into another drama."

"You're talking as if I don't like the attention. Did you forget that I always get called as a murderer because of my branch." USA smiled and gave a small glance over the paper. Of course the murder trial was the headline of the newspaper. Being accused for murdering a world wide billionaire is a goldmine for every paper press. A small picture of the detective was included in the article as she was the one leading the case.

The man couldn't help but chuckle at the thought about how naive Germany was. She really believed that it was easy, but the world works different. It was never about justice or separating from good and evil.

It's all about options and opportunities. Sending USA to jail would cause more harm than good to the economy. Especially since he would have to stop his business meaning a stop of providing weapons to outside conflicts. That's a risk the government never want to take. And since UK and Portugal were also involved with the case they also got out free.

At the end the one who hold the power wins.

The small old TV played the news about USA's and UK's court cases like every other channel that existed.