8. Past Mistakes

Austria pov.

The awful silence always disturbed me. I sat on my bed bored not knowing what to do. Usually I have nothing against being in my room. At least I'm still treated as a guest and I get my food from a staff member, but I can't stay alone for a long time.

I grew up in a big family with my father, brother and our far related cousins. Even when we all lived on our own I visited many times my nephews. So it was always loud and constantly something happens.

My violin was inside its case on my desk. The first couple of hours I spent playing and rewriting my music, but I grew tired of it. I could play again, but I already cleaned the strings from the rosin dust and I don't have the motivation to clean it up again.

I glanced over my wardrobe. No way could I put a knife in there. I'm not an idiot! If I would murder someone, then I would get rid of the weapon and not hidding it in my own room. Who could have put it inside? I remember that I closed the door after I walked out. So they had to know my room and open my door, but most important question is, why me?

In my whole life I didn't do anything wrong... Well except the two bar fights that I accidentally started. Technically my father started the first one after that guy nearly killed me and the second one was only a domino effect from the first one. Sooooo technically it was this one guy fault, not mine.

Welp it doesn't matter because the second fight ended with me having forever house arrest from the bar and my knee completely demolished. After countless surgeries I could at least move my leg, but it still hurts every time I walk around.

A knock sounded through the door. "Come in," I said and saw that Germany entered in my room. "How are you doing?" she asked. A heavy sigh escaped from my mouth while sitting, holding my chin, "Good so far, but I will bore myself to death."

"So they treat you well?" She sat on the edge of my bed looking at me worried.

"Yeah I can't complain. I get my meals and the personals checks every hour if I'm okay. How are you and the work?"

She answered a little bit dissatisfied, "I found a lot. Like that China was a patient of Portugal and made USA his enemy, but I don't have any touchable evidence. So far I have two suspect. USA and the mysterious guy who pushed me once."

"No evidence," I repeated under my breath, "What about the knife?"

Germany rubbed on her eyes and said, "I don't know what to think about it. It could be the murder weapon, but the problem is that there were more blood on the handle than on the blade. The wound went around the neck. Probably cutting the carotid artery. The whole blade should be blood covered."

"True, but if it wasn't the murder weapon, then how else got blood on it," I asked her.

Only a second of silence was needed before she opened her eyes in realization. She jumped out of the bed and spoke, "I Need to check something quickly."

Before I could say something, she was already gone, leaving me again alone in my room.
...
Maybe I play with my violin again.

Germany pov.

As quickly as possible I ran up to the kitchen. I know I should take a break, but I have to check on it. Inside the kitchen were some chefs working, but they didn't really gave attention to me. After opening the door to the cold room, I stepped inside and squad down to the body.

China didn't changed from last time I saw him. The only change was the now completely pale skin. The wound looked untouched. I moved the sleeves from his coat and pants up to see if he got some new injuries. He looks untouched and I also looked under his shirt. There are no new scars and there isn't any big puddle of blood underneath him. If the weapon in Austria's room was fake, then it needed from somewhere blood. But the body was untouched so it could only mean that the murderer had to get the blood from someone else. Most likely from themselve.