6. Lies And Answers

I spent a lot of time walking through the fifth floor searching for USA's room. Better would be to ask Panama which room he lives, but he wasn't in his office anymore and the door was locked. So I can only guess where it is.

To my delight I saw a lady walking through the corridor and I immediately recognized her.

"Ms UK! Can I ask you something," I asked her while walking closer.

She responded with a warm smile, "Of course."

"Do you know where USA is right now. I want to talk to him?"

UK was surprised hearing that from me, but nonetheless she answered, "I actually was on my way to him. His room is number 62. We can walk together there."

Of course I walked with UK to USA's cabin. Quickly we arrived there and she knocked on the door.

USA opened it. I couldn't tell if he was surprised seeing me because his eyes were covered by his sunglasses, probably to hide his black eye. "I'm here to ask you some questions," I said and he let us in without saying a word.

The cabin was the same like China's, except there was the smoke of cigarettes in the air.

Immediately UK started to complain while sitting on one of the couches, "You have extra a balcony, but you still smoke inside." He only shrugged his shoulders and said, "Usually I didn't plan any visitors and the wind outside is annoying."

He then went to sit on his couch. With his leg crossed over the other he asked me, "And what do you want to know?"

Without wasting more time I began with the interrogation, "How well do you know China?"

He answered with a smile, "Very good actually. We could be great friends, if he didn't take my jokes serious or be offended by it."

I don't know if I wanna hear those 'jokes'. It's better to continue, "When was the last time you saw him?"

USA thought for a short while before responding, "I think it was around 8:30? I am not sure, but it was after dinner. We decided to meet outside at the back of the ship because I wanted to discuss with him about the export deal and if he could change his mind. Sadly he declined."

I wrote every word down in my book and asked, "What did you do after that?"

"I went back to my cabin and stayed there until morning."

"Can someone confirm that."

"Nope. I was alone."

"And how was China before you left?"

He crocked his eye brow and asked, "What do you mean?"

"Well, was he stressed, tired or was he still alive before you left?"

His smile only slightly dropped and leaned forward to me, "Do you assume that I killed this junky?"

"Ame-" warned UK. He didn't even spare a glance to her and dismissively waved his hand while talking, "Yeah, yeah. Sorry I shouldn't talk bad about the dead. What I wanted to say is no I didn't killed him."

I looked at him confused and asked, "You called him a junkie. Was he addicted to any drugs?"

USA shrugged his shoulders and said, "Maybe. There were rumors that he went to a drug rehab clinic. I made a joke about building a popy farm for him as payment, which he of course didn't find it funny and decided to make a deal with this bi-," he stopped himself. After a quick glance over UK, who looked at him like a hawk on its prey, he continued, "I mean with Russia."