4. The Identity Of The Victim

It was a very cloudy day. Even the wind seemed to be stronger than yesterday, but yet I am standing outside with my brown coat and my notebook. There was nothing I could find. Only the old puddle of blood which is worthless. I looked everywhere, on the railing, bench, floor and walls, but there were no scratches and no other clues.

Slightly shivering I looked at my watch. I have only one and a half hour left until China's death will be announced. It's pointless to find anything outside. Either the murderer cleaned all evidence or the weather destroyed it. The best option would be to search in his cabin.

I heard the door opening behind me. Curiously I turned around and saw Slovakia in a yellow raincoat stepping outside.

"Hungary sent me. He meant it would be saver if one of us accompanied you. Just in case if you need any help," she explained loud so the wind won't drown her voice.

I rolled my eyes annoyed. Did he seriously think I need a supervisor? I work as a detective for years. Sure there were a moment when I got shot, but I survived. Welp at least I have someone who know this ship. So at least I won't get lost.

"Thanks Slovakia. Right now I'm going to the victim's room. Where are the others?," I asked her while going inside.

She followed me and answered, "The three are still in their room. With the weather right now, is it too dangerous to work outside. So we kinda have a free day now until the wind calms down. Do you have an idea who the killer is or at least why they did it?"

I shaked my head. It is harder than I thought. There is no clues, I don't have any information about the victim and the weapon could either be hidden in this gigantic ship or thrown away at the sea.

We walked down to the sixth floor where China's room was. Slovakia had the keys. She opened the door and we entered inside.

This cabin is surely meant for the higher class. It has a big living room, a bedroom, a bar and a balcony. The floor was with wooden mosaic patterns and the walls were beautiful painted. The living room was decorated with a dark wooden coffee table, white Victorian couch, a bookshelf and of course the mini bar with various bottles inside the display case. A brown silk curtain separates this room from the bedroom.

Slovakia clicked her tongue and commented, "And I have to share my cabin with three annoying idiots."

I didn't put any attention to her comment. Finding information was for me more important. The living room was clean. There is no paper, clothes or anything what would give away that someone else was here. The liquor bottles were untouched and the coffee table was clean. Maybe I find something in the bedroom?

In the bedroom was a king-size bed and a wardrobe room. Next to it is the bathroom door. The bed looked untouched and a luggage was standing next to. Strangely it was open and the content are still inside. It looks like someone was searching in it.

I kneeled down and searched its content. Inside were only his clothes, but as I dig deeper I felt something hard. Covered by the clothes I pulled out a flute?

No it's not a flute. It didn't had any holes on the side. Only on one end and the other end has a small wierd metal container attached to it. This resembles more a smoking pipe, than a flute, but what didn't match is the smell of this pipe. It didn't smell like tobacco. The scent is more ammonia like.

For now I put the pipe back where it was and continued to search the room. On the nightstand was his golden watch and an empty glass. I looked inside the wardrobe and saw that China haven't hang out any clothes there. That only meant he hadn't any time before he went outside.

A glass shattering sound startled me. Quickly I looked inside the living room and saw Slovakia standing shocked next to the open display case. On the floor was a shattered bottle.