30. Preventing A Mistake From Happening

"Are you sure you're not mad?"

I asked Austria as he helped me to walk back to our rooms. My right arm was holding over his shoulder and I held in my left hand the broken pieces of the walking stick.

He shook his had and reassured me, "No not at all. I can walk perfectly fine without the cane."

Not missing a beat I showed a deadpan look and corrected him, "We both know that it's a lie."

"Pfff- You forget that other than you, I can walk without help." Austria gave me a smug face. I let it be and changed the topic. "How is Panama. Did he tried to fight you?"

He shook his head, "No. I'm surprised that he just gave up and listened."

"That's good," I noted, "At least we have one problem less. Now I just need to go back to the previous case and ask Russia a couple of questions. Maybe she'll be willing to give any information about the Red Sickle."

"Shouldn't you take a break?" Austria interrupted me. He stared at me with a questioning look. I groaned knowing that it's going to be difficult to change his mind.

"I'm fine. I don't need a break."

Austria wasn't having it and complained, "I don't get why you can't sit down for a day and rest. You barely can walk now."

"I will rest." I reassured him, "But after I catch China's killer."

He groaned, "Why are you doing this? Who cares if his killer is running around free. I won't be accused for his death anymore and the killer didn't murder anyone again. So there is no need for you to push yourself."

Slightly irritated I responded back, " I need to solve this case. What do you expect how I should explain it to his family. I'm sorry I didn't caught the murderer of your beloved one because I needed a break. I would prefer to give myself the bullet, than admitting that I failed."

Austria looked at me serious with a frown. I could tell that he didn't agree. Which it got confirm as he spoke, "Don't say things like that. The family must understand that you have your limits and the murderer could be caught after we arrive on land."

"No you're wrong. The murderer is one of the guest and they all have enough money and power to easily escape from the consequences. For them it's enough to cross over the boarders and they won't be arrested." I argued and heard how tired he sounded as he spoke back," Listen can we discuss it tomorrow. I don't have the energy to fight with you."

"We aren't fighting."

He didn't say a word. Silently we walked down the hallway and I could see our doors. We both stopped and Austria let me lean on the wall while he went to unlock our room doors. He walked back to help me, but I declined.

"I can do it myself." I said and pushed myself up and tried to walk as normal as possible to my room. Austria let out a tired sigh before he entered his cabin.

I locked the door behind me and let myself fall on the soft bed. It felt weeks since I last slept. On my watch was showing that it's already midnight. I turned around so I could face the ceiling. Tiredly I rub over my face and tried to rethink of everything what happened.

Not even a week before Austria told me that this "vacation" should help me to relax. I raised my arm to see the bandage. Welp at least this ship isn't boring. I'm still a little pissed about our argument. I understand that he only wanted to help me, but repeating the same words over and over again won't get me to anywhere.

Two days.

Only two days I have to bite my teeth together and find out who the murderer is. I can do this. The Red sickle plan got stopped and I have my notebook back with all the information I needed. It's only a matter of time time until I find the killer.