35. Case Solved

Germany pov.

The door opened and I saw UK being the first who's coming out. She looked around, searching for her son, but she stopped as soon she noticed me. I watched as she walked up to me tucking her coat closer to her to protect herself from the wind.

"Where is he?" UK asked worried.

"He will soon be with us."

She didn't accept my answer and so she asked again, "What did my son do this time?"

Austria closed the door and catched up to us. Her worries grew more when I stayed silent. It was only us three outside in the middle of the night. She tried to act calm and collected, but I could see that she grew more and more stressed.

Thankfully we didn't have to wait long as the door opened once again. This time Portugal and USA arrived at the same time. They both showed great concern. USA immediately spotted UK and walked up to her, "Are you alright?"

In time I noticed how she barely shook her head, but stopped. Instead she responded, "Yes I'm alright. Did you get into a fight?"

"No. I was told that you need help." He answered confused.

Portugal gave a quick look around. His eyes wandered warily to me, "There is no emergency."

"That's correct. I called you three to finally solve the case." UK and USA stood silent, but the doctor let ot a tired groan before speaking, "How many times do I have to tell you. I didn't killed my ex patient."

"I know. You're not the murderer." I made it clear and he reacted surprised at my changed statement. "If you know it, then why am I hear?"

"Because you where there when he got murdered."

After I said it Portugal paused. He didn't say anything and he stood there with a relaxed body posture, but I could see in his eyes that he's panicking. His eyes wandered between me and the other two. No one dared to say anything. I guess it's my turn to explain everything.

"During the investigation I always overlooked the reason why China got murdered. I was in belief that it was only the accusation on Portugal's rehabilitation clinic, but there was more behind it. If China went into trial to give his statement, then he also had to admit from where he got his opium."

I looked over to UK. She immediately stare at me surprised and with wide open eyes she looked over to Portugal. The doctor only shook his head. Signaling her that he wasn't the one who I got the information.

They both kept being silent. I continued to explain while watching her, "I wonder where you got the opium. At first I thought you got it prescribed by a doctor, but then I learned about your illegal sellings of the drug. To be able to sell it, means you have to get the drugs from somewhere else. From someone who has a doctor license to buy it legally."

Portugal immediately reacted defensively, "That's absurd. First you accused me of murder and now you're telling me that I smuggle drugs? I have more important things to do, than listening to those nonsense in the middle of the night." The doctor was about to leave, but Austria was blocking his way.

"No one is allowed to leave." I briefly mentioned.

Portugal turned bacj to me. He frowned and said annoyed, "You can't hold me against my will. There are no evidence to support your claim."

This time Austria was the one who responded with a big smile, "Oh there is evidence." He pulled out the small opium bottle and raised it so everyone could see.

Portugal went silent and stare in shock at the bottle. He then faced USA. The other man also had the same reaction at first, but soon his faces morphed into anger as he growled, "You stole it!"