10.You've Chosen 2

It's the first time seeing the control room of the ship. There were many different modules and buttons. Surrounded with a long window showing the front view of the ship.

Slovakia was under the modules inside a metal cabinet, she looked at the cables. Meanwhile I stood next to Panama. He looks kinda agitated and his stare went from the window to Slowakia, then back at the window.

I kinda understand his behavior. Not having connections to the land means also not being able to call for help, incase something happens with the ship. It's strange that he didn't immediately said it to the repair group. Panama had to knew that at least one of them knows about the technic.

My attention went back to Slovakia as she cursed a little bit and crawled out of the cabinet. Still sitting on the floor she looked up and explained, "Everything is fine there. I have to look at the external power supply. Maybe there is something wrong."

The captain nodded and asked, "It's in the engine room. Right?" Slovakia nodded and stood up.

"How long will it take to repair it?" I asked her and she looked up, calculating how long it'll take. "Around an hour or two. It depends what part doesn't work."

So to be safe let's say two hours. What am I supposed to do in the mean time. The guests went to their daily routine, Hungary and Czechia told me they went outside to repair something and Poland stayed in their room.

The captain turned away from us. While heading to the door, he said, "There is nothing what I can do. I'll gonna go back to my office."

Slovakia stretched her back and sighed, "Time to go down. If you want the others are outside at the back side of the ship."

"Shouldn't I go with you?" I asked her which she shook her head as response. "No need. It's gonna be quickly and some passageways are narrow. No offense, but you would more likely troubling me, than helping."

"No offense taken. I think I'll go outside."

We both walked out of the control room and through the hallway. After a moment of silent walking Slovakia decided to start a conversation, "I have to be honest. I was surprised about how okay you were talking with us."

I looked at her confused. She saw my reaction and continued, "About our problematic past issues. Shouldn't you, who works with the law, hate criminals?"

"Well of course I prefer having contact with people who didn't committed a crime before, but you four knew that what you did was wrong and changed it. Also I enjoy talking with you. It's more entertaining, than sitting isolated in a room."

Slovakia smiled at my answer and said,"That's great. Not everybody can endure us."

I looked at her and asked, "Really? I get that most won't endure Poland, but also you?"

She snickered,"Yeah, maybe it's because of my sister. She can be very moody. So people think because I'm her twin that I also behave like her."

"It's hard to have siblings who get always in trouble." I commented reminding myself how many times East got into trouble and I always had to help him out.

To my surprise she shook her head and answered, "Not always. Sure we sometimes fight a lot, but we only have eachother and I can't imagine what will happen if she was gone. The whole idea to work as handyman was her idea. At first it was only me and her until Poland and Hungary came along. Poland and Czechia still hated each other at the start, but thanks Hungary his temper got a lot better and surprisingly we all became great friends. Sure we can be chaotic and a little bit broken, but nonetheless we are like a family together."