XXIX • Shoulder to cry on

The following chapters are flashback of Y/n

I just hope, the way you look at me won't change when I confess to you

Y/n's POV

I sat right in front of Draco—tapping my foot nervously and confused why would he wanted to talk to me.

"I saw you last week at my party—I don't recall inviting you" I bit my inner cheeks, as I tell myself not to cry and to be strong even if it hurts.

"Blaise invited me. He and Pansy wanted me to relax for a bit" I lied—Blaise wanted me there to convince him but I got my answers.

We both fell into awkward silence as he avoided my gaze

"Should I give up?" I asked him, he furrowed his brows and looked at me in confusion. I chuckled lightly and grabbed the letter from my bag—it was his last letter to me.

"You said you wanted me to do a favor for you—that no matter how many times you push me away I will always be at your side...so I am asking you, should I give up or should I continue"

"That depends on you, not me."

"Then why send me a letter in the first place? Why search for my family's emblem in the first place? Why make a promise, and a vow if you are just gonna break them and pretend that it's nothing? Why defend me, and accept me when I was raped? Why did you choose me?" I asked him, without pausing at all. Even if it hurts, I want to know his reason why.

He looked at me with those soft eyes again, I caressed his cheeks as my tears failed me

"Tell me, my love. Why?"

"I...fell out of love. I don't love you anymore...I am sorry"

"Please, do me one favor" I whispered but loud enough for him to hear. He took my hand and nodded, I can still feel the warmth inside him, and I have to admit that I am going to miss this, I am going to miss him so much.

"Kiss me as if it's your last love" He looked at my eyes, and lifted my chin. His lips mer my lips and I pulled him, I felt his hands pulling me close, I rested my hand on the back of his neck.

After that, we pulled each other off and I noticed tear stains on his cheeks. He wiped my tears away and left without saying a goodbye.

I sobbed to myself, bringing my knees closer to my chest. I cried for I don't know, maybe an hour. I heard the door open but I never bothered looking up.

"You talked to him didn't ya?" I heard a Brooklyn accent and I looked up to see Adrian with busted lips, I quickly wipe my tears and cupped his face, he winced in pain as I slightly glare.

"What happened to your lips? Who did this to you?" I asked, he shrugged and smiled at me. I rolled my eyes and demanded him to take a seat while I grab a medical kit from my table.

I wiped off the blood on his knuckles and on his lips, after that I took my wand to heal it.

"Adrian who did this?"

"It's nothing doll, seriously. Just some jerks who thinks they are superior and all. I'll be alright lumina" I blushed when Adrian calls me doll and lumina.

I didn't ask him why he kept calling me nicknames but I liked it though, and it also reminds me of Draco.

"Now back to my question, you both talked already?" I nodded and I started to cry again. I felt Adrian pulling me close to his chest and I sobbed. He patted my back—telling me everything would be okay.

________________________________

Few months later

A few months have passed, Adrian and I got really close. He calls me thousands of nicknames and I didn't mind at all. Pansy and Blaise was also fond of him. He even helped me moved on, he told me stories that I never heard before—like The man with metal arm.

Adrian is different, far different from Draco. Draco made me feel special while, Adrian just made me feel me.

"Hey! You comin' doll?" I looked up from my book and nodded, we may seem dating but Adrian and I are just friends. Today he would accompany me on visiting Winter's grave.

"So uhm, Winter what does she look like?" I smiled as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders

"Maybe like me or him. But that doesn't matter what matters is that I visited her today...If Winter is here she would actually like to meet you"

"Well is it okay if she calls me Papa Adrian?" He asked me and I nodded. Adrian and I talked about random things till we get to Winter's grave.

That's when I noticed a pair of mittens. It was handmade and it was light blue, and I knew who it came from.

"Did Blaise and Pansy visited her? They left some gifts" Adrian said, placing a Snowdrop Carnations on my daughter's grave. I nodded and crouched down, gently caressing the mittens.

"No...Draco must did it" I said, placing the small box from my hand. Adrian crouch right besides me as I stared at my daughter's grave.

"Winter...it's mama and Uncle Adrian—my friend. Sorry if I haven't visited you for awhile, things got busier especially that we are almost there becoming an auror and a healer...I have noticed that your father visited you today...I miss you mu baby, don't worry...Mama will always remember you and love you" I wiped my tears and quietly sobbed

"Hey Wins, it's your Papa Adrian...please don't call me Uncle that is so uncool—This is our actually first time meeting, but I can tell you looked like your mom here...I hope you like the flowers I gave you. I actually planted them and took care of them just for you. And don't worry about your mom, I will be at her side—I will be your mom's shoulder to cry on, her soldier with a metal arm...and if we graduate, I will take you and your mom to Brooklyn and I guarantee you Wins, you both will like it"

I stared at Adrian, and he stared at me with his blue eyes. His eyes are different from Draco. Draco as stormy eyes but his, he have those calm ocean eyes.

"Thank you" I mumbled and crashing myself into him as I hugged him tightly as I could

"You're welcome doll, you know how I love you so much right?" I pulled him out and looked at him with wide eyes as he smiled at me with those gorging lips.

"What?"

"I just hope, the way you look at me won't change when I confess to you" with that, he pulled me for a kiss. I was surprised but I could feel myself kissing him back. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I rested my hand on his chest.

He broke off the kiss and chuckled as I slightly blush

"So...can I take you on a date in Brooklyn after we graduate?"

I smiled and nodded at him. Maybe fate brings me and Draco together but destiny has other plans.

Maybe Draco and I aren't meant to be, but I am thankful that he gave me a chance to love him. And all I can say to him is that, thank you for loving me while we were together