XXVIII • Party

The following chapters are flashback of Y/n

Take you like a drug
I taste you on my tongue

Y/n's POV

"A party? I am confused, why would he invite me if we broke up?" I asked Blaise, he then sighed and groaned in frustration whilst I just kept a cold face.

Ever since he broke up with me, I became cold. I don't know why would he break up with me—I have been loyal and poured my love for him

But I guess giving too much love would hurt me, and I guess I wasn't enough.

"I don't know. Look, I want you to be there, not for me—for him. I want him to realize that everything isn't too late"

"Was he blaming himself?" I asked him, and only he responded me with a slight nod. I sighed and took the invitation, telling Blaise that I'll think about it.

Let me recount the days...It's been exactly 4 months since we broke up. I want to move on but it is really hard, especially when we made a vow to each other—a promise to each other.

_______________________________

From the distance, I could hear the loud music coming from the Slytherin's common room. I have also noticed many students coming in and out. I squeezed my hands and walked inside, pushing myself to the crowded place.

I saw Pansy and Blaise, talking to each other and I can tell they are disappointed.

"Woah...you actually came" Pansy said surprise, she pulled me besides her as I sighed

"Blaise wasn't kidding at all. Draco is really throwing a party" I said, grabbing the drink from her hand and chugging it down. The whiskey was hot and bitter. It was so hard to
swallow it as it is my first time drinking.

The party went on...Everyone are enjoying it except for us three though. My eyes searched for him but he can't be seen no where.

"Oh shit" Blaise mumbled looking behind me and Pansy, I turned around and tears started to fall from my eyes.

It was Draco and Astoria, making out with each other. My heart clenched in pain as I made eye contact with him. He smirked at me and continued to kiss Astoria, I felt Pansy's hands but I yanked her hands away.

My whole world started to blur—I grabbed the whole bottle of fire whiskey and ran away, not caring if Pansy and Blaise ran after me.

I dragged myself to the Astronomy Tower and drank the fire whiskey straight from the bottle and there, I sat alone—crying in pain as I drink my heart out.

Third Person's POV

Adrian Stan, another Slytherin student followed Y/n to the Astronomy Tower. He wasn't sure why would he follow her when he himself doesn't like her.

He was surprised to see her, drinking alone as she sobbed. Her sobs were painful as he just stared at her.

"I...love you—why did you choose her" Y/n cried as she leaned on the railing, Adrian was fast enough to catch her. Why was he there again? Right, he is in love with her.

"That's enough" he said, snatching the fire whiskey bottle and throwing it away. Y/n hiccuped and glared at him

"Go away!—-leave me alone—-I want my Draco"

"Come on, let's get you back to your room"

"No!!" She exclaimed, Adrian then sighed—leaving him no choice. He carried Y/n over his shoulders as she protested. He can't leave her like that, he just can't as he too was in pain to see his love one crying for someone who doesn't deserve her.

Adrian felt Y/n soft sobs as they reach her room. He gently laid her down, and quickly changing her clothes to comfortable ones. He noticed how pale and skinny Y/n got and he gently caressed her cheeks—afraid he might wake her up.

"Why didn't you choose me doll?" He whispered, while stroking her cold cheeks. He planted a kiss on her forehead, he was about to leave the room when Pansy and Blaise burst in.

Blaise was ready to fight him but Pansy immediately stopped him.

"Chill out. I just bring her back..." Adrian said, leaving the couple behind.

________________________________

"Adrian...took care of me?" Y/n asked, curiously pointing at herself as Pansy nodded at her.

"Yeah...after an hour, he came back checking up on you" Y/n suddenly felt a warm feeling inside her chest. It was familiar feeling yet somehow it is different at the same time

Her door suddenly opened revealing Adrian, holding a food tray. Y/n was surely surprised by it, and Pansy just left them.

"Here..." he said, leaving the tray right besides her table, he was about to leave when Y/n grabbed his wrist

"Can you uhm...please stay for a while?" She asked, Adrian smiled at her and patted her head, giving her a flashback of Draco where he also used to pat her head.

"Sure thing doll" Adrian said, pulling the chair and sat right in front of her

"Uhm...thank you for bringing me back here and for checking up on me"

"Can't leave a doll all alone...besides you were pretty beaten up" Y/n stared at him confused but she finds him different, from the others—and from Draco.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Adrian chuckled and grinned

"It means you were pretty wasted last night. It's an American phrase"

"I didn't know you were American"

"I'm from Brooklyn, New York. It's a big city doll, if you want you can come with me so you can have some fun"

As they talk, Y/n didn't realize that Adrian is falling for her over and over again. But what she does realize, she is starting to feel herself again