XIV • Promises

The following chapters are flashback of Y/n

For this I promise you...

Third Person's POV

"Let's make a promise" Y/n said, leaning against Draco's shoulders as they watch the sunset from the Astronomy Tower

"About what?" He asked, as his hands caressed her waist, kissing her forehead and glancing at her.

"About us...About Winter. Once April 5th came, we will celebrate her birthday" Y/n said, looking at him. Draco found her little gestures quite adorable. He cupped her cheeks and kissed her.

"That's a promise. And I promise that I will always be with you...till the end of the line"

"Till the end of the line" She added and leaned again on his shoulders.

It's their last week in Hogwarts. Everything happened so fast. They lost their daughter, Winter because of the miscarriage she had. Both of them are still mourning but tried to move on and tried to live with it.

Narcissa and Lucius was devastated to hear the news about their granddaughter. Narcissa was heart broken as she hasn't got her chance to hold her grandchild. Lucius may seem cold-blooded but he too was sad about it.

Endymion on the other hand was sad, and felt bad for Y/n and Draco. Lucas was the same.

Both families, neither one of them didn't expect this. But they all share a same thought, there's a reason why unexpected things happen.

"Love?" Draco called her, she hummed in response and looked at him, Y/n couldn't read him but she knew something was wrong

"Promise me that you will always stay with me, no matter what. No matter how many times I push you away"

"Why are you saying that? Of course I will."

"I love you so much, I love you" Draco sobbed and hugged her, Y/n didn't know what was going on, she doesn't know why but all she can do is to comfort him

"I love you too, I love you so much Draco" She said, kissed his cheeks and hugged him back.

You can push me miles away, I will run to you always. Put us ocean far apart, calm the sea to sail to you, take a flight across the universe even under another sky, I will still find you, for this I promise you...my love, for this I promise you

___________________________________

Y/n sat down on the edge of her bed, still mourning for her daughter. She finally understood what her mother felt when her older sister died.

"Hey" Y/n looked up and she saw her brother holding two cups of ice cream, she smiled as she remembered. Lucas always bring her ice cream whenever she is down.

"I brought you your favorite flavor, cookie dough ice cream...so, how are you feeling?"

"Asides from mourning? I'm not good I guess" Y/n said truthfully, Lucas sighed and pulled his sister for a hug

"I know you are blaming yourself about the miscarriage. Blaise's older sister told me. None of us didn't expect this to happen"

"It's just sad...we all never got a chance to hold her" Lucas chuckled softly and looked at her sister, smiling

"You did...you carried her for five months. You got the chance to hold her, to feel her, to take care of her. I'm sure Winter is happy that she got a strong, brave and loyal mama...And I'm sure Mom is taking a good care of her" Y/n smiled and wiped her tears, hugging him.

This is what Y/n loves about him, he always makes things are okay and better. She loves Lucas' ways of making her feel better.

"Thank you"

"Hey, I did promise our older sister and our parents to always make you happy" Lucas said, smiling.

Promise...it was a strong word, but easy to be broken. Hence that's why we made a last vow to each other