36. Cold Moon - Astra

The decemeber full moon has to be my favourite shift I've ever experienced. With the students mostly away and the alphas still here we all got to play in the snow under the moon light like a real pack.

Harry was minding Artemis somewhere in the castle while the rest of us were in the hear of the forest. Raul and Viktor were too uppity to get involved with our fun and games, elladora and ragnar on the other hands were lots of fun, chasing me through the snow, teaching me tracking and hunting through hide and seek.

Daddy and papa were being all cuddly by the tree line but papa had a mischievous street and every now and then could come up for a sneak attack.

Anne seemed sad though, she kept whinging at the moon and wouldn't talk or move. Daddy said she was on a date before Christmas, maybe she was missing her partner? I'm sure daddy was sad all those years without papa during the full moon.

It was strange though, a full moon with a pack of alphas, everyone was easily provoked, ready to scrap at any moment.

At one point ragnar got a little too rough playing and cut me and daddy went mental, the pair of them fought, like actually fought it was a little scary it took me stepping between the two grown wolves growling for them to back down.

Suppose it was one of the perks of all this extra magic I have, the alphas listen to me, especially during the moons.

Come on lite one, play time is over daddys voice called out to me around four in the morning.

But the moon is up and so am I! I'm not tired I whined trying to convince him to let me stay up with the adults.

NOW PUP! He called out before walking forward, lifting me by the scruff of my neck and carrying me through to the other side of the clearing where papa was rolling around in the snow, the white flakes sticking to his black fur.

Thats when I felt it. A shifting in the air. Something dark. Feral.

Daddy?

Shh, go to padfoot pup. Daddy stated easing me back down to the ground so I could rush over to padfoot who'd stopped rolling around like a playful puppy and stood at high alert teeth bared looking tot he other side of the clearing.

Scared, I sat on the ground and tucked myself under papa for protection.

The full moon made my magic all weird and I knew I couldn't control it. If something happened I wouldn't be able to help them all.

Looking up I saw that all the alphas had formed a semi circle wall around me and papa, growling at the other side of the clearing, ear perked up ready to pounce at a moments notice.

Something was wrong.

Really wrong.

The air was tainted with dark magic, that sent chills down my spine.

Papa? I called out to him mentally hopping to get his attention.

It'll be okay pup, no one is gonna hurt you, your dad and I wouldn't let anyone hurt you, ain't that right moony?

You're safe pup I won't let him hurt oht pack Daddy's voice followed Papa's.

Usually their encouragement would put me at ease, but everything felt off.

In a blink of an eye, Anne launched herself forward out of formation and started attacking a bigger werewolf who'd wandered into the clearing. I'd never seen the dark grey werewolf before, still he seemed familiar, scary but familiar. He gave off the aura if an alpha, but was tainted by a lot of dark magic.