4. Full Moon - Remus

My entire body burned. My muscles ached and my skin tingled as fur began to sprout from my scar covered flesh. The transition had never been easy for me. Ever since i was a boy i dreaded this pain and fear that overpowered me once a month. I was in agongy. yet for once it did not seem as bad, part of me new i needed to give into the transformation, let it take over and not fight the moon's pull. I knew i needed to hurry the process to be there for the little girl currently going through this pain too. I fought to suppress my screams so that i wouldn't frighten the whimpering girl in front of me. she's fallen to her knees shaking and i tried to rush towards her, to let her know she was okay that it'd be over soon, but as soon as i took a step forward my bone crack and lengthened bringing me to my knees. With a final yelp, Astra's clothes fell to the ground and a small wolf pup wiggled her way out of the grasps of the fabric playfully before she looked towards me and nudged my arm gently and gave me a reassuring and playful lick before she sat back waiting for me to turn too. 

I couldn't help but laugh in astonishment at her carefree disposition. knowing that she was okay for now, i forced myself to let the transformation take hold. screaming out in agony as I felt every bone in my body shift and break. Till the pain subsided and moony took over. 

Examining the room, I could smell an other wolf in the room. the scent seemed familiar. looking down I seem a small bundle of grey and white fur sitting before me. leaning forward to sniff at the pup recognition seemed to wash over me. this was my pup. 

She leaned forward and gave me a play nudge at my front paw before running around the room, tail wagging playfully. she wanted to play. 

it had been years since Moony got to play during a full moon. Walking forward I playfully gave the smaller wolf a slight push causing her to tumble. she gave a short huff as her tail waged. Leaning forward I gentle lift her from the scruff of her neck and walk towards the mattress in the corner and let her down.  Nudging her to get comfortable so that I can scout the area to make sure we were safe. Humans could be near by and i wouldn't let my pup be in danger. 

Sniffing the air as I patrol the room. No humans. Good. I thought before i head back to the pup. she was rolling around the mattress, tangled in some sheets as she tried to fight the fabric playfully. 

I let out a small bark to regain the pups attention before giving her a nudge to settle down. She seemed tired, her movements had already slowed down, sluggish in a way. she needed sleep. 

Joining her on the mattress, she wanders up between my front paws and wiggled her way towards my chest. where she shoftly rubs her head into my chest.  with a gentle nudge with my snout i attempt to encourage the stubborn pup to sleep.  Only for her to release happy and playful barks. 

Sleep little one I thought looking down at her, only to recieve an odd look from the pup as she tilts her head.

Daddy? a soft femmine voice speaks in my head. 

You heard me? I question mirroring her look, as she nodded her head in a human like fashion. how strange. you should sleep little one. 

She huffed releasing an exasperated puff of air from her small snout before cuddling into my chest allowing me to rest my head on my front paws as she slept safetly beneath me. hidden from any danger that could have found us. 

I have a pup, she is mine to protect. my own pack. Part of me was jumping inside with excitement. An other part of me was angry with my old mate. how dare she keep my pup from me. I'd protect her now. I'll always protect her.

I'm not alone anymore her soft voice echoed in my head. Causing me to bring her closer to me. to protect her. 

You're safe little one I respond before falling asleep under the moonlight that seeped in through the cracks in the boarded up window. I knew how she felt. It was nice not being alone anymore. 

A/N: Hey i hope you're liking the story so far. this book will have a slow update but i'm hoping to upload at least once a week, if not more when I'm in a good flow creatively. this chapter is rather short, just a filler really but the following chapters will be a little longer. I would love you're feed back on what you all think. remember to vote and comment.