Chapter 15: I don't know, I ship us.

Rose's POV

I opened my eyes.

“Oh gosh, what time is it?” I said aloud, only seeming to notice the bright light coming from the window. It was too bright to be any earlier than 10 o’clock. I didn’t notice the arms around my waist until I heard a groan directly behind my ear. Harry.

He rustled around in the bed and finally found a comfortable spot, still wrapping me in his arms. He didn’t let go. I don’t supposed he had all night.

“Morning.” He said, chuckling a bit.

“Good morning.” I said, biting my lip at the raspiness of his voice.

“I had a very nice sleep last night, did you?”

“Yes.” I said. I started to piece together what happened in between the seconds which I had before he pulled off the bed sheet covers to get off. He came around the bed and walk towards the bathroom. I pulled the covers back onto my body and bundled myself up. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and inhaled his scent that lingered on the sheets. It smelled incredible.

I tried to doze off again, but Harry shook my shoulder. I rolled over.

“No.”

“Yes.” He sat by my side of the bed. He lowered his head in front of my face and blew on my face.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Waking you up. Or at least trying to.”

“Please, I’m not morning person.”

“It’s 10 o’clock, and I know you’re not a night person, either.

“I’m just a sleepy person.” I smiled.

“That’s fantastic.” He said, urging me to get up. “Come on, Rose. I’m taking you out.”

“What?”

“I think a girl’s boyfriend should take out his girlfriend before his friend does, don’t you think?”

“You’re not my boyfriend, Harry.”

“I’m still taking you out.”

“Why? Because you’re jealous of Niall?”

“Niall..... Niall was making the wrong move on the wrong person, that’s all I have to say.”

“Niall wasn’t making a move. We’re friends, Harry.”

“Just like you and me?”

I stared at him long and hard. He smiled amusingly.

“No.” I said.

He smiled even wider. I knew because Harry and I weren’t just “friends”. We weren’t a couple either. At this point, I don’t know what we are.

“I’m giving you an hour. We’re going to breakfast.”

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I pulled the covers off of my body, and walked past Harry.

“I’m going to take a shower. Don’t you dare coming anywhere near that bathroom door.” I warned him, grabbing a towel.

“But what if I have to go?”

I bit my lip. I looked around the room, and grabbed an empty water cup beside me.

“You’re a boy. Use this cup.” I smiled cheekily, handing him the cup and walking inside the bathroom.

_________

“Where are we headed?” I asked as I put on my aviators.

“IHOP?”

“Oooo, my favorite.” I said.

“Really?”

“No, not really. I just want to make you feel better.”

“Oh, so you don’t want to go to IHOP?”

“No! I do. I just-” I sighed. “Ignore me. It never happened.”

“Alright.” He laughed, putting his arm around me. I let him.

We arrived at the IHOP restaurant and sat down where we couldn’t be seen through a window.

“Awesome, no paparazzi will find us here.” He said.

“You don’t think?” I looked around.

“IHOP so.” Harry said.

I covered my hand with my mouth, as I laughed. I tried not to erupt with laughter at the pun, but I was a sucker for puns. It reminded me of my father. He always said the funniest jokes.

“I’m sorry.” I laughed. “That’s hilarious.”

He laughed along with me.

The waitress came to our table and as soon as she saw Harry sitting with me, her attitude took a full turn. It turned into a giddy, excited and way too happy attitude.

“Oh, hello.”

Harry smiled and gave her a half wave.

“Um, would you like anything to drink?”

“I’ll take some orange juice.” I said.

“The same, please.”

“No problem.” She scribbled down our orders as soon as we told her what we wanted to drink.

Harry and I conversed until she brought our food and drinks not too long after. Fastest  service I’ve ever received, maybe I should visit restaurants with celebrities more often. We ate to our stomach’s content and I turned out quite full. But not full enough to walk around the venue with Harry. We decided to walk around the city for a while before we got picked up.

“Belgian waffle?” He said, referring to what I ordered.

“Yes.” I said. He ordered buttermilk pancakes with the combo.

“Have you ever been to Belgium? Beautiful place.”

“Calm down, One Direction.” He laughed at what I called him. “I’m from Seattle, so I haven’t even been to the other side of the country, much less the other side of the world.”

“Well, I thought it would be a nice conversation starter.”

“Try again.” I said.

“Well you’re very sassy, aren’t you?”

“Just sarcastic.”

“Nope, sassy.”

“Sarcastic.”

“Sarc-assy.” He said.

“It’s a ship name.” I said.

“I can’t believe you know what that means.” He smiled. “I think it’s only a term our fans use.”

“Oh no. Anyone who doesn’t live under a rock knows what that means.”

“Are you sure?”

“Well, anyone who spends time on the internet knows what that means.”

He laughed. “Sarc-assy. That’s the ship name we just came up with.”

“Yup.” I said.

“Well, let’s try to make another one shall we?”

“Hit me.”

“I’m not abusive.” He said. I laughed. “Um, Harose.”

“What’s that?”

“Harry and Rose.”

“And how’d you come up with that?” I cocked my head.

“I don’t know, I ship us.”

I smiled. “I.... I like it.”

“So.” He said, taking his hand in mine.

“So, what?”

“Will you be my girlfriend?”