Chapter 13: When you really love someone you learn new things everyday.

Rose's P.O.V

It turns out Niall and I ended up staying out later than we expected. We thought a 45 minute lunch was the plan but I guess walking around L.A and having a good time as (now close) friends until 9 PM was what went down.

I was texting Harry, of course, letting him know where we were.

Harry: where are u now?

Me: we'll be at the hotel, soon. chill out!

Harry: ok

"Short answer, huh?" Niall asked, peeking onto my phone screen.

"Yeah. I guess. Were you eavesdropping on my texts?" I fakely gasped.

"Uh." He gave me a sassy look. "No."

"I think you were." I said, turning away from him. "I'm kidding." I turned back.

"Harry's probably just jealous." Niall said.

"Why would he be?" I asked.

"Oh, no reason. It's just that he knows I make girls melt and beg on their knees for me to date them." He fanned himself.

"You're saying Harry thinks I'll take interest in you?"

"I was joking, yes." He said. Which was something he liked to do alot. Joke around. I liked that.

"Well, it's working." I said.

He stopped in his tracks for a second and looked me dead in the eye. "Rose?" He raised an eyebrow.

"As friends, of course. Harry's my boyfriend! Why would I even-" He looked at the ground. He looked sad. Had I hurt his feelings. "I'm sorry but not even for you, Niall." He continued to stare at the ground and wiped his eye with his fingers. Oh no. "Niall! No! You're amazing! I didn't mean nobody would love you or anything like that! I mean-"

What had I done? I stopped talking and threw my arms around him. "I'm so sorry!!!"

Then he looked at me with a smile. "Gotcha."

I pulled away. "Niall!" I protested, almost yelling. "YOU JERK!" I punched his arm.

"You still like me, right?" He said, still laughing. His braces were visible under the streetlights of the park we were walking in.

"Ugh!" I groaned.

"I'll take that as a yes." He nodded his head.

"And I'll pretend that's true!" I said.

"Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night." I gave him a look, trying to be as serious as possible because he had made me feel like a total meanie. But I couldn't help it. Niall always made me laugh.

"Okay. I still like you." I gave in with a laugh.

"Awesome." He said. "Well we should probably get back to the hotel before Harry stays up waiting."

"You're right." I said.

"Shall we?" He said, stopping, and sticking an elbow out.

"Why yes, we shall." I said, linking elbows with him.

We walked side by side as we headed back to the car which was going to pick us up at the club across the street from the park.

People were heading inside, and we could feel the bass of the bumping music on our feet. People passed us. Some sober. Some drunk. At 9 PM? Seriously?

"We should've waited somewhere else." He said.

"Why? Because there's drunk people all over this venue?"