Chapter 16: I'm just glad we're at least friends.

“Harry.....” I said, staring down at the ground. My mind went into cheer when he asked me the questions, it was screaming yes, but my heart needed to decide, not my head. My heart was pounding, so that must have meant something.

“We’ve known each other for 4 days.” I scoffed.

“I know...” He stared at the ground, as well.

“But I really, really like you, and we’ve become such close friends. And when we kissed-”

“I know.” I said. He bit his lip, and fix his hair. Something he did when he was nervous. I noticed. “Just know I’m not being hesitant because I don’t want to be your girlfriend, but because I need to know if this is right or not.”

“I think it is.” He said, squeezing my hand. We turned the corner into a less busy street, where our driver would come pick us up. “Tell me you don’t want to kiss me.”

“Whether or not I want to kiss you doesn’t mean-”

Suddenly I felt something. I felt his lips crashing onto mine, taking in a kiss. He placed an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. We kissed as if no one was watching.

He pulled away, once we both had gotten the point. As wrong as it sounds, a kiss did tell us what was right and what was wrong.

And it felt right.

Just as the first time, his kiss left me wanting another, and I had to restrain myself from attacking his lips with mine. Although I’m sure he wouldn’t have minded.

I turned to him and took a deep breath. It wasn’t everyday someone asked you to be their girlfriend even only after 4 days of knowing them. But with Harry it felt like 4 months. Much less a celebrity who has girls at his feet, just begging for at least a touch of the fingertips. And much, much less a boy who’s life you saved by travelling back in time resulting into a fake relationship to cover it all up.

“Yes.”

“What?”

“I’ll be your girlfriend.” I agreed, and as soon as the words came out of my mouth, I had a bubbly feeling rise throughout my body. I was excited, I had a boyfriend. And I had had boyfriends before, but I don’t think Harry will be anything compared to Luke from culinary class or Matt from the 5th grade or Jake from across the street.

Those guys were all immature and not good enough to be anyone’s boyfriend,

___________________________

“I’m sorry, I have to go.” Harry said.

“It’s okay.” I said.

“I-” He ran his fingers through his hair. “Now I know how Louis and Liam and Zayn feel about leaving their girlfriends behind.” The sound of him calling me his girlfriend gave me major butterflies everytime he said so.

“It’s fine. I’ll be okay here, just watching TV or something.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I’ll call up my cousin, and we’ll skype or something.”

“Alright.” He said, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

“I’ll be back soon.”

________________________

“Really?” She asked. I had skyped Sofia, making it the first time we had talked since the day of the concert, and partly because I didn’t want to directly tell my parents what had happened.

“Mmm-hmm.” I nodded. I had just told her my entire story.

“That’s completely unbelievable. I feel like I’m being punk’d.”