Chapter 23: We have all the time in the world.

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating sooner but here's chapter 23! (((my favorite number btw))) chapter 24 will be posted either later tonight or tomorrow! sorry for the wait! read on -Brit

(Picture of Harry and Rose on da side how swaggy!!!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Travelling was nothing like I expected. You don't see a big white light, or see a portal of infinite colors coming at you.

It was like waking up.

When I blinked for the first time, I found myself not driving, not even in my car. I found myself shirtless, only with boxers. I looked around. I was in a dressing room.

It was all coming back to me. I heard the screaming fans outside the arena, people running up and down the halls. Paul's familiar voice giving orders to the crew. It was a concert night. The night I met Rose. The night it all began. The night I got shot.

I still cringe.

I threw on my concert attire and was waiting. I was waiting for Rose to come out of that bathroom.

How could I be back here? Sofia said she had set the machine only a few hours back. Not days before....

I heard a knock on my door.

Rose??

I hoped so. But she couldn't come in through the front door of the dressing room.

Could she?

My two seconds of hope were completely gone, when I heard Paul's voice call out. "Harry, 30 minutes!"

"Alright!" I called back.

It was difficult. Just waiting, I mean. It's even worse waiting for someone you know might not even show up.

I debated on whether to leave, or carry on anxiously waiting for Rose to pop out of mid-air.

I missed her.

I turned towards the bathroom door. I watched the knob. Rose should've already came out. She should've already been here.

Why wasn't she? If she was still alive, she should be here any second.

If she was still alive.....

I remembered, that if someone dies in the current time, you couldn't go back and save them. They didn't exist anymore.

No.

No!

Rose had to be alive. She had to be breathing. She had to be living. She deserved it.

At this point I didn't care if she hated me for the rest of her life, I just wanted to make sure she was still going to be on this earth. With the people she loved, and the people that love her. Even if one of those people wasn't me.

But I refused to believe it was true.

I groaned in anger. No!

I looked in the mirror, and saw my eyes. They were tired. I felt exhasuted, actually. I stood there, looking at myself. Disgusted at all that I had done.

Disgusted at my failure.

I felt a deep pain rise in my throat. It began to strain, and I tried to fight it back.

Before I knew it, my eyes were beginning to water. I ran my hand through my hair.

She wasn't going to show.

A week ago, my life was amazing. It was a life very, very few people lived.

Actually, I think there's only about 4 other guys that know what it feels like to be me. But when Rose showed up, everything changed.