Chapter 22: Just push the call button.

Hellooo! So today is your lucky day because this is the seoncd chapter we've posted today.

Things are getting a bit weird.

Suspense...

SO here's chapter 22! Enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's P.O.V.

Getting into Rose's house was easy enough. Her parent's might have been genious's but they still keep a spare key under the door mat. I took the liberty into letting myself into their house, I was saving Rose's life after all.

Or at least I was about to attempt to.

I looked around the house I stood in the foyer, looking at the family pictures, hanging on the wall. It was a comfortable home. The house wasn't too small, too luxurious, or too big. It smelled of Rose's clothes, a scent I recognized all to well.

I breathed in the familiar scent, and if so much wasn't going on, it was likely that I would have smiled.

I made my way through the kitchen, and to the basement. I figured no one was home, and I went down the steps. I wandered around the room, reaching my arms out, careful not to bump into anything. It was pitch black, and I couldn't find a lightswitch. Time was running out and here I was trying to find a lightswitch in a dark laboratory. Reaching my arms out wasn't the best idea, because I ended knocking something over. The hollow crash rang, and I realized the sound was an empty can of soda. Thank goodness.

I continued my search,  and then I heard something. I froze, and listened carefully. They sounded like steps coming down the staircase from the second floor of the house.

"Rose?" A voice called. It was unfamiliar, but knowing the voice was calling out Rose's name, it gave me security that I wasn't going to be int too much trouble if I got caught down here.

"Rose? Mom? Dad?" She called. I heard the footsteps coming closer.

I froze. Refusing to make a sound. What was I going to do? I couldn't just wait until she left. And I didn't expect the time machine to be as quiet as a mouse.

I heard the footsteps stop, and then I heard the voice curse.

At the same time, I cursed myself. Before I could find a place to hide, I saw the light creep in from upstairs and peer into the dark basement. I saw footsteps slowly come down the steps, but it was still too dark to see a face, even a figure really.

Before I knew it, I saw heard a click about 4 feet in front of me. Instantly the light went on, and a small figure stood before me.

Holding a bat. She was about 5'3, shorter than most teens, but you could tell by the curves in her hips, she was definitely no younger than 16. Younger girls were never really what I looked for, but I guess a guy could make an exception for her.

She was nothing compared to Rose, but you could tell they were related.

She was small, with long brown waves, the color of chocolate. Her eyes, brown as well, but with a golden tone, almost like honey.

I wondered how I was able to take in her appearance so vividly, but then I realized we had been staring at each other for at least 10 seconds. I didn't know what to do until she set the bat down. She didn't let go of it.

"I'm Harry." Was all I said.

She stared at me. She came closer, and lifted the bat. She pointed the pat at me, and poked my chest. She seemed shocked, and her facial expressions were almost entertaining to watch. She let go of the bat and came closer. She put her hand out, and stroked my face.