𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 60.

New Jersey 1970
United States Army

"You weren't actually born here,right?" Tony asked him as they were walking through the crowd of people.

"The idea of me was."

Cap was wearing an uniform while Tony was dressed in a dark blue suit.

"Right. Imagine Shield running a secretive organisation, I mean where do you hide it?" Tony asked him looking around but Steve already knew the answer.

"In plain sight." He answered looking in front of him at the underground bunker.

They walked inside the door,it was an elevator but they weren't expecting an older lady standing there too.

The elevator went down as Tony noticed the lady looking at them suspiciously so he stood in front of Cap in case she'd recognize him.

The door swifly opened. It was Tony's floor.

"Good luck on your mission Captain." He said walking out.

"Good luck on your...projekt Doctor." Steve stuterred continuing to look down as the elevater moved lower.

"You new here?" The lady asked with a smile on her face.

Steve answered without looking at her, "Not exactly."

...

Tony was walking through the underground offices when he saw the box tesseract was in. It was easy to guess because the blue light was shining through it.

He had his Iron Man hand on as he used the nozzles to open the box.

The box opened revealing the tesseract.

Tony sighed with a smile on his face. "Back in the game." He grabbed it and hid it into his briefcase when he heard a voice,

"Arnim you in there? Arnim?!" A male figure stood at the end of the aisle.

Tony frowned when he recognized his face,trying to leave out the other way.

"Hey! The door is this way pal." The man shouted.

"Oh! Yeah!" Tony awkwardly answered and turned back as the man walked towards him.

"Looking for doctor Zola, have you seen him?" He asked Tony as they were now standing face to face.

"Yeah doctor Zola, no I haven't seen him."

"Do I know you?" The man frowned, examining Tony's face.

"No sir I'm a visitor from MIT." Tony answered shoving him a fake card.

"Oh MIT. You got a name?"

"Howard." Tony answered out of the blue.

"Well that will be easy to remember."

"Howard...Potts." Tony quickly added "his" last name.

"Well I'm Howard Stark." Howard extended his palm towards Tony as Tony shook his hand.

"You looking a little green there Mr. Potts."

"I'm fine just,long hours." Tony answered, his voice was shaky. Meeting his father after his death like this definitely wasn't something he expected.

"You wanna get some air?" Howard asked him.

"Yeah that would be great." He answered unsure and grabbed his briefcase as they both left.

...

Steve was walking through the hallway getting into a lab where the particles where in.

It was impossible to not see the bright red ampoules. He grabbed them and hid them in his shirt before exiting the lab.

He kept on walking through the hallway, going for the elevator when he saw the lady from earlier talking to two sergeants.

"I remembed people well and these two looked fishy."

He heard them talk about him and Tony so he quickly hid into some random office. The room was dark as he started looking around when a picture caught his eye.

It was a picture of him before the serum when he first got in the army.

He picked it up and turned around looking at the door of the office on which was written, "Margaret Carter"

He turned back placing the picture back on the table when he heard her voice. He looked up seeing Peggy on the other side of the office behind the window. She was talking to some woman before she grabbed some papers and left.

Steve just stood still and then he reached inside of his pocket taking the small compas out with her picture in it.

He was holding it for a few seconds and then he placed it on the table and left.

...

Tony stood in the elevator with Howard.

"My wife's expecting and I spend too much time at the office." Howard explained why he has the flowers.

"How far along is she?"

"Uh I don't know. Uhh, she's at the point where she can't stand the sound of me chewing so I guess I'll be eating dinner in the pantry again."

"I have a little girl." Tony spoke.

"A girl would be nice. Less of a chance she turns out to be exactly like me."

"What would be so awful about that?"

"Let's just say that the greater good has rarely outweighed my own self interest."

Then the door of the elevator opened as they both walked out.

"Well and what are the names?" Tony asked.

"Well if it's a boy, my wife likes Elmonzo."

"Maybe you'll change your mind,you got time."

"Let me ask you a question." Howard stopped him, "When your kid was born, were you nervous? Did you feel qualified?"

"Wildly. I literally peaced it together as it went along. I thought about what my dad did and..." as Tony was talking he noticed Steve further in the back signalizing him to go.

"I swear the kid's not here yet and there's nothing I wouldn't do for him." Howard said warming up Tony's heart.

"It was good to meet you Potts." He shook Tony's hand.

"Howard. Everything's gonna be alright." Tony smiled and unexpectedly hugged him.

"Thank you. For everything. You've uh done for this country." He nicely saved it as their ways separated.

...
The Avengers base 2023

They all got back at the same time.

"Do we have them all?" Bruce asked looking around.

"Are you telling me this actually worked?" Rhodey smiled but after a second his smile dissapeared.

Clint fell down to his knees with a numb expression on his face. Everyone's eyes were on him.

"Clint where's Natasha?" Bruce asked him.

Steve looked to his side before looking at Scott. "Scott. Where is Davina?"