𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 35.

"Steve? Steve!!" Davina yelled into the earpiece with her powerful raspy voice but got no response from him.

She turned around only to see T'challa standing behind her,looking up as the quinjet dissapeared in the sky.

The ground beneath them shook all of a sudden.

They both got out only to see giant Antman fallen on the ground Wanda was laying on the ground too but Vision was holding her.

"I'm sorry." He whispered to her.

"Me too."

"This is what I was talking about. Catastrophy."

Suddenly all the flyers went into the air,following the quinjet except Vision.

"Sam I need you to get me to Cap and Barnes." Davina growled into the earpiece once again and as Sam was about to answer her, Vision has sent a rey of light towards him but he managed to dodge it so it hit Rhodey.

He started falling to the ground at a rapid speed as Tony and Sam tried to catch him. Even Vision has stood up to fly over there.

Davina watched in anticipation as Rhodey hit the ground as everyone quickly went to analyze the situation.

Davina walked up to Wanda who was still laying on the ground.

She looked down at her and for a few seconds they were only looking at each other. It's not like Wanda really trusted her or like Davina trusted Wanda, so it wasn't a very friendly few seconds.

But when Davina unexpectedly extended her arm down towards Wanda so she could help her up the tension seemed to dissapear.

Wanda looked at her surprised but accepted her gesture.

Sirens filled the airport. Police and military cars surrounded Scott,Wanda,Clint and Davina.

Armed men jumped out of few of the cars aiming their guns at them.

"Davina, just do as they say." She heard Sam say through the earpiece.

...
1 hour later.

"How did this happen?" Tony asked Vision. They were standing in front some medical device where Rhodey was laying,ready for a procedure.

"I became distracted."

"I didn't know that was possible."

"Neither did I." Vision looked at him and after that Tony left the room.

He stood on a balkony when Natasha approached him.

"The doctor said he has some shattered vertebraes. The spinal cord is extremely injured. He's likely to remain paralyzed."

"Steve's not gonna stop." Natasha spoke and continued, "If you don't either, Rhodey is not gonna be the last on the scenario."

"You let them go Nat." He stood his ground.

"We play this wrong."

"We." He laughed sarcastically before continuing, "Must be hard to play this double agent thing. Sticks to DNA." He nagged looking at her.

"Are you incapable of letting go of your ego for one goddamn second??"

"T'challa told Ross what you did so, they will come for you." He looked at her again.

"I'm not the one that needs to watch their back." She said before walking away.

Suddenly Tonys watch started beeping.

He clicked on it as at showed a dead man laying in a tub.

"What Am I looking at Friday?" He asked.