𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 52.

"Okay,who here hasn't been to space?"
Rocket asked, he was at the front controlling the spaceship that was already above Earth.

Steve,Davina,Rhodey,and Natasha lifted their hands. Bruce and Pepper stayed with Tony to take care of him.

"Why?" Steve asked Rocket.

"You better not throw up on my ship."

"In 3...2...1!" Nebula did the countdown only the ones who have been to space knew what it meant so the others got shocked when the spaceship rapidly sped up.

They flew through a colorful tunnel that only lasted a few seconds before they were in the opening again and the spaceship got slower.

After a few minutes Carol got out. She was levitating in front of the spaceship.

"I'll head down for the survey." She said and flew to the planet Thanos was supposed to be on.

Behind Davina sat Natasha and Captain.

"This is gonna work Steve." She told him.

"I know. Cause i don't know what I'm gonna do if it doesn't." He replied,looking at her.

By the time Carol got back,

"No satellites,no ships,no armies,no ground defences in any kind. It's just him." She notified.

"And that's enough." Nebula sealed it.

...

The planet was absolutely beautiful. No wonder that's where Thanos wanted to be.

There was a small cottage in the middle of some kind of field.

Then they saw Thanos as they watched him make his way inside.

"I'll go first. Follow me." Carol ordered.

They surrounded the cottage without Thanos's knowing before Carol barged in. Getting Thanos in a choking hold. She tried to block his punch with her leg but he was  winning. That's when Davina got in. Holding his arm in the air with her powers and Rhodey was took a grasp of his other arm.

Thor then cut his hand off with the ax. The one Davina held up with her powers. The one he had the gaunlet on.

Thanos screamed in pain.

Steve,Natasha,Rocket and Nebula walked in.

Rocket walked closer to Thanos's cut off hand. He flipped her around only to see the gaunlet empty.

"Where are they?" Steve stepped in front of him, asking with his deep voice.

"Answer the question." Davina used her powers to break Thanos's arm, getting another low scream out of him.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose,beyond temptation." He barely managed to get the words out because of the pain.

"Where are the stones?" Natasha asked him,her eyes already filled with tears.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms."

"You used them two days ago!" Davina growled picking him up with her powers and throwing him further into the ground.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones! It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I inevitable. "

Davina looked to the stone seeing Thor's empty eyes but teary at the same time. He hadn't say much the whole day but she knew it would soon break.

"We gotta tear this place apart, he-he he has to be lying." Rhodey stuttered.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them." Nebula spoke making Thanos turn to look at her.

"Ahh. Thank you daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly." Just as he said that they heard Thor scream, and in a second Thanos's cut off head fell to the ground.

Davina placed her hand on his shoulder.

"What?! What did you do.." Rocket asked him.

"I went for the head." Thor simply answered but the pain in his voice was way too noticable.

He stood,blankly looking at Thanos's headless body before he stumled back and left without saying anything

...
5 years later

"This channel's always active so, if anything goes sideways,you call me." Natasha ordered.

They were just having a meeting through the hollogramic devices and just as she finished her sentence everyone left.

Natasha walked behind her table, sitting down with a sigh when she noticed Rhodey was still present.

"Where are you?" She asked him.

"Mexico. The federales found a room full of bodies. Looked like a bunch of cartel guys and they all had their guns out."

"That was probably a rival gang." Natasha simply answered but Rhodey disagreed.

"It's definitely Barton. What he has done these last years. I mean honestly there's a part of me that doesn't even wanna find him."

"Will you find out where he's going next?" Natasha asked him, grabbing a sandwich and taking a bite. Her eyes were filled with tears already as if they weren't puffy enough from all the crying by now.

"Nat."

"Please.."

"Okay." Were his last words before his hologram dissapeared too.

Natasha's head fell into her hands,crying now when suddenly Steve's voice brought her back to reality.

"You know I'd offer to cook you dinner but,you seem pretty miserable already." He was leaning against the shelf.

"You need something?" She quickly wiped away her tears.

"Came to see a friend." He smiled walking towards her as he sat down by the other side of the table.

"Where's Davina?" Natasha asked him.

"She's still home. She said she'll come here later."

"How are you two?"

"We're great. The house is really big not something I'm used to but with her it's perfect." Steve nodded smiling through his eyes.

"You know, I used to have nothing. And then I got this. This job,this family. And I was better because of it."
She smiled before continuing,

"I know that's how Davina feels too. I can still see her. Her empty gaze, fists always tightened. Stone face. No emotion. The miserable,completely destroyed girl that became loved. You showed her light. Something she never believed in. She's still her. But living at piece not at war." Natasha said.

Steve was looking at her thoughtfully. Imagining the Davina he met 8 years ago.

Steve nodded,agreeing with everything Natasha had said.

Then Davina suddenly walked in.

Her and Natasha greeted each other as Davina walked up behind Steve, placing her hands on his broad shoulders as he placed one of his hands on top of her's.

A voice from the gate security cameras made them turn their heads.

"Hi,uh, is anyone home?! This is Scott Lang. We met a few years ago, at the airport in Germany."