𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 23.

"Miss Hale." A mans voice woke Davina up.

She looked up to see Fury stand outside the glass. Her head was pounding,she still felt dizzy.

"I'm sorry for the interior. This cage was originally made for Hulk." He said stepping closer. "It's been 5 hours I'm glad you're you again."

She scoffed.

:I've made an agreement." He said gaining her attention again.

"I've talked to the ministry. They wanted to keep you locked up again but I made sure they won't.The Avengers need you and maybe one day someone will be able to get that garbage out of you. However,they had one condition. If something like this happens again they have the right to get you back in a cell. You killed six pilots,injured the Avengers..."

Davina clenched her jaw in anger.

"I won't be around for a while. Stay out of trouble."

They looked at each other before Fury spoke up again, "Someone's here to pick you up." He looked behind him and she followed his gaze.

Steve came in through the hall stopping to look at her as their eyes met.

Fury pushed a button to open the glass door of her cell.

"Captain," he adressed looking at Steve who just nodded in response as Fury passed by an left.

"You came." She mumbled looking away.

"Were you not expecting me to?" He asked back walking towards her.

"I'm so sorry." She said scaning his bruised face.

"Well that's the first time I hear you apologize." He grinned but she did not grin back. She kept looking at his face.

"It's nothing." He tried to assure her even though it didn't really work. "Let's get you changed."

...

Davina changed her clothes in one of the offices while Steve was waiting for her outside in the hall. She had some blood on her neck, she wiped it off.

She stepped into the hall searching for Steve.

"Where are we going?" She came to him.

"We have a little meeting." Steve said as they walked down the hall.

"That's just great." She rolled her eyes and walked along him unwillingly.

They walked into one of the rooms. Only Natasha and Wanda were present.

"Where's Tony and Vision?" Davina asked Steve before they walked up to them.

"Tony left with Vision as soon as they got you,he's also recovering from a broken arm." He looked at her signalizing the broken arm is her work.

"Well, he's lucky it was just the arm." She scoffed and Steve grinned to himself,shaking his head.

"How are you feeling?" Natasha turned to look at her.

"I'm good." She said thinking about how she is probably the only one that feels fine and not beat up.

Wanda just smiled at her.

Davina sat down next to them as Steve stood in front of them.

"We have a new mission. We don't know exactly what it is about but I guess we're gonna find out."

"When?" Davina asked.

"Tommorow morning. The mission is in Lagos so I suppose we have a few hours until we leave."

"We're all going?" Wanda asked.

"Yes. So get ready for our derpature."

...
Lagos [present time]

They were just a few minutes from landing. All suited up and ready.

Natasha was the pilot and Wanda was sitting next to her along with Sam.

Davina and Steve decided to stay in the back. Steve was going through some files and informations about the mission. Davina was watching him, still focused on the bruises she caused.

He noticed and grabbed her hand caressing it and massaging to let her snap out of it.

"This is exactly what I was afraid off." She mumbled.

"You broke Tonys arm. Threw Sam almost a mile away from us and you're concerned about my bruises." He smirked and felt relieve when he saw her smirk back.

"So, what's the plan?" Sam came from behind them when they landed and flinched out of fear when Davina only turned to look at him, but he played it off, causing Steve to chuckle to himself.

"You'll be waiting on this building. Until I give you a signal,you stay there." Steve pointed at some kind of map of the location they were supposed to be at. "Natasha,Davina and Wanda will go with me. Let's go."

...

"Alright what do you see?" Steve asked Wanda. Her,Natasha and Davina were outside in the middle of the street sitting in some coffe shop while Steve was in some building.

"Standard B-cops.Small station.Quiet street, It's a good target."

"There's an ATM on the South corner which means-"

"Cameras." Davina completed Steves sentence.

"Both cross streets are one way." Steve spoke again,

"So compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen and he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that range over half way up the block?"

"The red one? It's cute." Natasha joined.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns."

"And more headaches for somebody,probably us." This time Natasha completed Davinas sentence.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind right?" Wanda asked making Davina scoff. "Don't get all cocky." And they both laughed.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to became your second nature. " Natasha meant that at Wanda and they both looked at each other from across a few tables.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sams voice joined them through the earpiece aiming his question at Natasha.

"Not to my face."

"Eyes on target folks, this is the best lead we've had on one wall in six months I don't wanna lose him." Steve made them snap back.

Sam chuckled, ,,If he sees us coming that won't be a problem,he kinda hates us."

Steve walked to the second window.
"Sam, you see that garbage truck? Take it." He ordered.

Sam send his droid to use X-ray vision. "That truck's loaded from max weight and the driver's armed."

"It's a battering ram." Natasha added.

"Go now." Steve ordered again.

"What?" They heard confused Wanda ask.

"He's not hitting the police."

The truck barged into the entrance,clearing the way for a few other trucks of their enemies as multiple armed men started jumping out of them and the fight begun.