Chapter Eighty-One

I hope you have a lovely day! :)

Despite Pete falling asleep, and Louisa dropping heavy hints to Sirius that she 'wanted to go to bed', the girls all ended trooping up to bed together, leaving the boys in the common room. So they really shouldn't have been surprised when the next morning, there was a forty-five minute delay on the Quidditch match, while Marlene and James drank multiple mugs of tea and pepper-up potions.

"I've got some more," hissed Sirius, as he unloaded vials from inside his cloak pockets.

"Right, open up," said Silvanna, shoving another one down Marlene's throat, so steam poured out her ears again. Currently they were sat in the changing rooms while the rest of the team glared at their captain. It was just Sirius and Silvanna attending to the pair of them, as everyone else has gone to find seats. "What's the delay anyway?" asked Silvanna, frowning at Sirius.

"Erm, I'm not sure they know yet," said Sirius. "The Slytherin's broomsticks have gone missing."

"Let's just say if they happened to look on the roof of Gryffindor tower, the match might start a bit quicker," James added. The team burst into bouts of cheers and laughter, some of them clapping James on the back.

Silvanna looked nervously to Marlene, whose eyes were shining as she frowned heavily at the floor. Silvanna knew exactly what she was feeling - if James played poorly today because of his hangover, he'd be forgiven because of the prank. If Marlene played poorly, she wouldn't hear the end of it.

"It'll be fine," Silvanna promised, smiling encouragingly. "Best player I know, I've told you that. And if someone needs hexing..." She trailed off, allowing Marlene to force a chuckle as McGonagall stalked in.

"Potter," said McGonagall. "I know this was you, what do you have to say for yourself?"

"Me? Never," said James, making the team grin.

"On top of our tower as well," said McGonagall, her lips little more than a thin line. "Regardless, they've been retrieved now. The match starts in ten. Best of luck to you all."

"We best be off then," said Sirius to Silvanna, and she nodded, giving Marlene one last clap on the shoulder. "Drinks on me tonight fellas, when we celebrate our inevitable win." The pair left the tent, and Silvanna stormed on ahead to make sure she sat next to Remus so she didn't have to talk to anyone. Or Pete so he could explain what was happening.

"Oi, Snape," Sirius called after her, jogging to keep up. "Hello? Silvanna? What's wrong with you?" Silvanna ignored him. "Bloody women," he muttered.

Silvanna whirled round, and a smacking noise sounded along their path as her palm collided with his cheek. Her mouth dropped open and her fingertips flew to her mouth. Sirius's eyes were wide with shock, not allowing him to be upset or confused. Immediately her gut filled with dread. "Oh my God," Silvanna said eventually. "Sirius, I am, so, so sorry."

"What the actual fuck has got you wand in a knot?" he asked, scowling as he rubbed the sore spot.

"I'm really sorry, I don't know what came over me," Silvanna said, so quickly she'd be surprised if he picked up a word of it.

"Fine," said Sirius firmly. "What did I do? Or is my face just too pretty for you? Needed toning down a notch?" He wiggled his eyebrows, and seeing that he wasn't fazed, Silvanna's face dropped back into a scowl.

She turned and carried on her walk. "You know, Marlene's a part of that team too."

"No shit, has been since second year," said Sirius, "What's your point?"

"My point is, there's no need to invalidate her inclusion, just because she's a girl!" said Silvanna, as they climbed the steps to the cheering crowds. "I mean, drinks on me tonight, fellas! Really?" She had dropped her voice into a low, mocking tone.