Chapter 75

Draco's POV

I paced around the room, running my hands through my hair.

"I should have gone with her! Why did we let her go alone!" I yelled,

"No, you can't! He didn't ask for you." Pansy yelled,

"Can't breathe! I can't breathe!" I yelled, pulling off my tie and jacket.

"You need to calm down, Draco."

"I can't! Don't you understand! I let her get kidnapped by Potter and now she has to deal with the dark lord." I yelled,

"It wasn't your fault, Draco!" Pansy yelled.

"Yes, it was! I got to distracted! The glass smashed in my face, and then he took her."

"Are you blaming Potter? He's been trying to protect her," Blaise said,

"That's what got us into this mess."

Damn it! I just got her back, and now she's gone.

"Their back!" Someone yelled. The whole hall stood up slowly and walked out. We helped Pansy up and walked out.

Voldemort stood in front of all his death eaters, smiling proudly.

"Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone. The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My Death eaters outnumber you, and the Boy Who Lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anybody who continues to resist, man, woman, or child, will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle now, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together."

"Where is River! Where is my sister!" Blaise yelled. Voldemort laughed.

"She's dead."

Dead.

"No! She can't be dead!" I yelled,

"She is! She died! All the Potter's are dead!" I felt tears rush to my eyes as my friends all screamed and cried with me.

"No," I whispered again. People started screaming with us, some for Potter, some for River, and some for both.

"No! Harry!"

"River," Blaise whispered,

"SILENCE!" Voldemort screamed at us,

"It's over! Set him down, Hagrid, at my feet, where he belongs!" Hagrid slowly and carefully lowered Potter to the ground.

"You see? Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!"

"He beat you!" Weasley yelled, and that broke everyone once again. They all started screaming again at Voldemort.

River's gone.

I kept repeating in my head.

"He was killed while trying to sneak out of the castle grounds," said Voldemort, and there was relish in his voice for the lie, "killed while trying to save himself—" Voldemort stopped, as he watched Neville Longbottom walked to him.

"Who's this?" He asked. Aunt Bellatrix laughed.

"It is Neville Longbottom, my Lord! The boy who has been giving the Carrows so much trouble! The son of the Aurors, remember?"

"But you are a pureblood, aren't you, my brave boy?"

"So what If I am?" Neville asked.

"You show spirit and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a precious Death Eater. We need your kind, Neville Longbottom."

"I'll join you when hell freezes over, Dumbledore's Army!" There were cheers for him.

"Very well." There was an annoyed edge in his voice.

"If that is your choice, Longbottom, we revert to the original plan. On your head,be it." Then something smashed through a window, and the sorting hat came flying out. It landed on Voldemort's hand, and he pointed the tip of his wand at it.

"There will be no more Sorting at Hogwarts School. There will be no more Houses. The emblem, shield, and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone. Won't they, Neville Longbottom?" He forced the hat on Longbottom's head. People tried to fight, but the death eaters raised their wands at them.

The hat burst into flames, and Neville screamed, Neville could not move. Rooted to the spot as he screamed in pain. People charged up to the death eaters, as a giant came running in, yelling.

"HAGGER!" The death eaters ran up to the giant, trying to force him back. Then Neville broke free from the binding curse. The hat fell off of him and in one swift motion, he pulled out a silver blade. Every eye went to the blade as Neville, in one swift motion, cut the snake's head off. The snakes body fell. Voldemort tried to scream, but no sound came out.

But I couldn't process all this. River was dead, and I didn't tell her I loved her before she left.

"HARRY! WHERE'S HARRY!" Hagrid yelled. The centaurs were scattering death eaters and dragons flying over us. I couldn't move, none of my friends could as we were pushed up against the Hogwarts walls as the battle started up again.

I spotted Charlie Weasley running in again, as house-elves started running in. They waved carving knifes at death eaters. I pulled my wand out.

River wouldn't want us getting killed for being useless in this war.

"Stupefy," I yelled at Dolohov, who looked at me shocked.

"Come on! Stop standing around!" I yelled. They all stood up, and we walked back into the great hall.

"Stupfey!" I yelled at a death eater.

"You don't think she's actually dead, is she?" Blaise asked, his face filled with tears.

"Draco! Draco!" I heard my parents say,

"I don't know what to think." I replied, more tears falling.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!" Mrs. Weasley yelled as she started dueling Bellatrix.

"That's the spirt Mum!" Fred Weasley yelled.

"Pansy, watch out!" Noelle yelled, pushing Pansy out of the way as a death eater charged towards them.

"Stupefy!" Blaise yelled at them.

"Twice in one day, I should just take you out instead." Noelle said, as she hovered over Pansy, who was scarlet. Noelle helped her up and ran off again.

"Seems like someone has a crush on you, Pansy." Daphne said.

"Not right now, guys. Come on. Were in a battle." Theo said,

"River! Harry! Their alive!" Someone yelled. We all turned around to where that voice was yelling from.

There she stood, next to Potter, with her wand pointed at Voldemort.