Chapter 40 (Year 5)

River's POV

"Eek! I can't believe your captain!" I told Draco as I held his badge in my hands, as I sat on his bed, still in his shorts and a baggy white shirt.

"You're not mad?" He asked, coming to sit down next to me, I shook my head,

"Of course not, I'm happy for you," I said, handing it back to him. He smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Great, let's go get ready for breakfast," he said, standing up. I nodded, going to his bathroom to change. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and washed my face, used the spare toothbrush Draco gave me last night, before walking out.

"Let's go," Draco said. As I walked out, I nodded.

---

"Today we will mix a potion that often comes up at Ordinary Wizarding Level: The Draught of Peace, a potion to calm anxiety and soothe agitation. Be warned: If you are too heavy-handed with the ingredients you will put the drinker into a heavy and sometimes irreversible sleep, so you will need to pay close attention to what you are doing the ingredients and method are on the blackboard, you will find everything you need in the store cupboard you have an hour and a half.... Start." Snape said, letting us gather our ingredients. 

As I started putting my ingredients in, and stirring every time it was needed, and on a very low fire.

"Theo, don't smell it!" I said, pulling his head away from the fire as he leaned over my cauldron trying to smell it. 

"Why not?"

"You could have done it wrong! You could be in an irreversible sleep," 

"At least I won't have to take the O.W.L. S then," he said, I shook my head at him laughing as I looked back at my potion, Draco slipped his hand on my thigh as we worked, I smirked at him looking at Snape.

"Malfoy! Hands to yourself!" Snape yelled,

"What! I wasn't-"

"Hands to yourself," He hissed.

"Snape, I mean Professor Snape-"

"Enough or you both get detention!" He yelled, I signed, scooting away from Draco.

"Put us in detention, Snape, I'm sure we would really enjoy that," Draco said, I pursed my lips, my face becoming red as Snape glared at Draco.

"Detention, Malfoy," I could see Potter grinning into his potion, as I rolled my eyes.

"A light silver vapor should now be rising from your potion," Snape yelled.

After ten minutes, the potion was done. Snape came to look at the Slytherins side, deciding our potions were good, before he moved on to the Gryffindor's side. 

"Potter, what is this supposed to be?" Snape asked,

"The Draught of Peace." Potter said, confused,

"Tell me, Potter, can you read?" Draco chuckled next to me, as I smirked.

"Yes, I can," Draco laced his fingers through mine again.

"Read the third line of the instructions for me, Potter."

"Add powdered moonstone, stir three times counterclockwise, allow to simmer for seven minutes, then add two drops of syrup of hellebore."

"Did you do everything on the third line, Potter?"

"No,"

"I beg your pardon," Snape leaned forward smirking.

"No, I forgot to add the hellebore," He whispered,