Chapter 26 (Year 4)

River's POV

The Professors were running wild, throwing more work at us like we were fifth years, or our owls were the next day, and we weren't prepared. Draco and I sat in the Hogwarts grounds, our back against a large tree, with several books surrounding us, I huffed shutting the book with a loud bang. 

"Draco! I can't take this anymore," I yelled, throwing my book in the grass. Draco smirked; his eyes glued to the book that he was reading. 

"Have you ever?" He asked.

"Shut up, I'm great in class! I just don't want to do it anymore!" I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"We aren't even in our fifth year," He joked, I glared at him.

"I'll drop out now,"

"And leave me all alone here?"

"You'll have the others," I hissed, he started laughing as I shook my head at him, again.

"Are you struggling or just tired?"

"Of course, I'm not struggling, who do you think your talking too,"

"Whatever,"

"Oh, hey look there's Blaise and Luna," I said, pointing over at them. They sat by another tree, Luna was reading a magazine, and Blaise was trying to braid her hair. 

"Poor Pansy," Draco said, shaking his head with a smirk.

"Poor Pansy?" I said, confused. He looked at me like I just sprouted two horns.

"What?"

"You don't know?" He said, surprised,

"No? What am I missing?" I said, an amused smirk played on his lips.

"Your so dense sometimes," he said.

"What am I missing?" I said again, Draco shrugged. 

"I can't tell you, only Pansy can,"

"It's that important?" I asked, he nodded. I signed and put my head on his shoulders, just as we heard a booming voice from behind us. 

"Draco Malfoy!" Blaise yelled, Draco jumped up, pushing me away from him, fear clearly evident on his face.

"See you, later, River! I have to go hide from Blaise now!" Draco yelled, throwing everything in his bag, and starting to run towards the castle. Blaise took out his wand and started trying to hit Draco with a curse, but missed 

"You bastard!" Blaise yelled, running after him, they both disappeared into the castle. Luna and I heard screams echoing off the walls. 

"Hello, River," Luna said, sitting down next to me.

"Hello, Luna. Do you have any clue as to why my brother is chasing his best friend with a murderous look?" He asked. 

"Oh, yes, Blaise said, Draco wasn't allowed with to be alone with you," She said, dreamily. I rolled my eyes, starting to gather my books and put them in my book bag. 

"Doesn't my braid look nice? Blaise did it," She said putting her braid over my shoulder showing me the ugliest braid I had ever seen.

"It's beautiful, Luna,"

"I thought so too,"

---

"River, push your hair out of your face, and straighten your robes!" McGonagall yelled at me as she walked past, I groaned, doing as she asked.

The schools were going to arrive any minute now, and the teachers have gone insane making sure our school looked the best. The school was decorated in beautiful decorations, with silk banners hanging from the great hall ceilings. We had an enormous snake hanging over the Slytherin table. In the room's front there was a giant banner of all four, Snake, Lion, Eagle, and Badger with a big H.