Chapter 58 (Year 6)

River's POV

I wore a long rose gold, sparkly dress, that had long sleeves that could cover my dark mark. It had ruffles on the v-neck.

I curled my hair and finished my makeup with a nude lipstick and walked down to meet Seamus, where he was waiting for me outside the common room

"You ready?"

"Yes," I said as he offered me his arm. We walked up to Slughorns office in awkward silence.

"So, I heard you are the only girl on your quidditch team," Seamus said, finally breaking the awkward silence. 

"Yeah, I am, all the Slytherin girls don't really like it, but I think it's fun." 

"Really, but they are so mean, they would be perfect for it." I laughed, nodding.

"Yeah, they could be." I said, as we arrived to Slughorns office.

"Wow, it's huge," I said, looking around the room. It was now larger than the dinner parties we usually had in here. The room was filled with celebrities, and I spotted several students acting as waiters.  

"Hey Neville, you're working here?" Seamus asked as he handed me a cup of butterbeer and taking one for himself.

"Yeah, I wasn't cut out for the party, but he let me serve. I better go." He said, hurrying away. I sipped quietly on my beer, looking around.

"Oh, look, there's Luna and Harry," I said, as Slughorn came up to us.

"Hello, Ms. Potter, I'm so glad you could join us. Come, I have some people I'd like to introduce you and your brother too." He said, leading me along already, Seamus followed us as I looked at him confused. Harry was standing there awkwardly with Luna, who seemed to enjoy herself.

"Harry, River, I'd like you to meet Eldred Worple, an old student of mine, author of Blood Brothers: My Life Amongst the Vampires — and, of course, his friend Sanguini." Worple shook Harry's hand excitedly before shaking my hand.

"The Potter's! I am simply delighted!" The man said.

"I was saying to Professor Slughorn only the other day, 'Where is the biography of Harry Potter for which we have all been waiting?" I looked over at Worple's friend, Sanguini who was eyeing a group of girls that stared at him. I widened my eyes as he smiled at me, flaring his teeth.

"Sanguini, stay here!" Worple yelled as the vampire tried to walk closer to me.

"Would you like to dance?" Seamus asked. I nodded.

"Yes," I said, quickly. He grabbed my hand and lead us to the dance floor.

"That was a real vampire. I can't believe it," I said, as we started dancing making Seamus laugh. Five minutes later, I saw someone wave at me through the curtains seeing Hermione glancing at me nervously.