Chapter 16 (Year 3)

River's POV-

"Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" Professor Lupin asked as he pointed to the wardrobe that shook from the monster inside it.

"That's a Boggart," I said. Lupin smiled at me.

"Very good. Can anyone tell me what it looks like?" He asked.

"No one knows," Granger said,

"When'd she get here?" I heard Weasley ask, looking at Granger suspiciously.

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears the most. That's what makes it so-"

"Terrifying, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now, shall we? Without wands, please... Riddikulus "

"Riddikulus!" We yelled,

"This class is ridiculous," Draco said, rolling his eyes.

"Good. So much for the simple part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is... laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Neville, come up here, will you?" Neville's face falls.

"What would you say is the thing that frightens you most?"

"Profter... Snafpt.."

"Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry."

"Professor Snape," The class started laughing. Neville turned a bright red.

"Hm... yes. Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother?" Professor Lupin asked.

"Yes, but I don't want the Boggart to turn into her, either."

"It won't. But I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind. Can you do that?" Neville closed his eyes, nodding.

"Now, when I open this wardrobe, Neville, here's what I want you to do..." Lupin whispers something to Neville, who nods.

"You can do this, Neville," Lupin says, encouragingly, walking towards the wardrobe.

"Right then. Wand at the ready. One. Two. Three!" He yelled. Opening the wardrobe, Snape stepped out, ready to attack Neville.

"Think, Neville, think," Lupin whispered,

"R-r-Riddikulus!" Neville yells,

Snape's clothes start to transform. Now he was wearing a long lace-trimmed dress, with a moth-eating hat. The Gryffindors all started laughing as I glared at Neville.

"This is what you think of Snape! You little dirty toe-rag! "Lupin tried not to smile as he watched me turning red.

"Alright, let's all calm down," He said, as I glared at him.

"Stupid, Gryffindor's," I hissed. As everyone starts to line up, we all walk to the back of the room, as I cross my arms over my chest and lean against the wall. Everyone starts to go up, looking at all of them going against the Boggart. Weasley's was a spider, Patel's was a vampire, Thomas was a cobra, and then it was Potter's turn. The jack-in-the-box turns into a Dementor. Potter raises his wand but freezes. Just as the Dementor was about to attack, Lupin pushes Potter away, the Dementor turns into a small moon, Riddikulus!" Lupin yells, and the moon turns into a deflated balloon. Lupin puts his wand away, running a shaking hand through his hair.

"That's all for today. You're dismissed," He said, running a shaking hand through his hair.

---

Daphne, Pansy, and I all woke up early in the morning to Hogsmeade. I changed into some warm clothes, instead of my Hogwart's uniform for once.

"You guys done?" I asked Daphne and Pansy as I pulled on my coat.

"Yeah, I am," Daphne said, I nodded seeing Pansy pulling on her coat, we all left walking downstairs to the courtyard where Professor McGonagall was taking our permission slips, Potter had an annoyed look on his face and McGonagall walked away from him.

"What's that all about?" Daphne asked. I shrugged.

"I'm not sure," I said,

"Let's go, people! You're taking too long," Blaise yelled, pulling on my arm.

"Alright! Alright!" I said, rolling my eyes.

---

"Come on, boys, I want to go get some new clothes," I said, rubbing my hands together excitedly, as we walked to "Waldrags WizardWear."

"Why are you going there!" Theo yelled. We ignored him, opening the shop door, and all splitting up. Blaise went straight to the girl on the counter while Theo followed Daphne around. Pansy went straight to the clothes section, spotting another girl from Hogwarts.

"Well, I guess since there's nothing else to do, I'll just follow you," Draco said.

"How wonderful," I said, walking to the perfume section of the store with Draco.

Blaise came up to us, with a big grin on his face, he squished himself between me and Draco.

"Let's go, I want to get some butterbeer," He said, pretending like he didn't just push Draco into the perfume shelves.

"Let me just go pay for this, and I'll meet you guys outside," I said,

---

We had gotten back to Hogwarts later that day, just in time for dinner.

"I don't even want to eat anymore, all that candy I had," Theo said, looking at his plate filled with food.

"I told you not to eat all that food," I said, shaking my head.

"Oh, shut it, you know how I get," he said, rubbing his stomach, painfully.

"Aw, poor Theo," Daphne said, pushing the hair out of his face.

"I'm in pain, Daphne," he said, putting his head on her shoulder. I rolled my eyes as he smiled at me evilly.

"Daphne! He's faking it," I said, Daphne, shook her head.

"No, look how red his face is." She said, looking down at him.

"Yeah, what a mean thing to say, Riv," Theo said, I looked at Pansy who started giggling at them.

"Pansy, who was that girl you were talking to in Hogsmeade?" I asked, Pansy went a little red, looking at her plate of food.

"Oh, that was just a friend of mine," she said, shrugging.

"What house?" Draco asked, narrowing his eyes at her. She rolled her eyes.

"Oh shove off, Malfoy, she's a Ravenclaw," Draco shrugged,

"If it's anything but Gryffindor, I don't mind," He said,

"I didn't know it was so important to get your opinion on who I'm friends with Draco," Pansy said,

"Draco, leave Pansy alone," I said.

"Thank you, Riv," Pansy said, glancing at the Ravenclaw table. I turned to look at the girl. She had short blond hair that reached her shoulders, and a dazed look on her face. She was eating a bowl filled with pudding and had a bunch of interesting necklaces on that looked like butterbeer corks.

"Wait, isn't that Loony Lovegood?" I asked, Pansy, glared at me.

"Don't call her Loony! Her name in Luna," Pansy said,

"Sorry," I said.