Chapter 32 (Year 4)

River's POV

"I can't believe I got second place," I told Draco as we walked across the courtyard the day after the first task. 

"I know, I think you could actually win this."

"I mean I hope so, I didn't do this for no reason," I said, Draco nodded giving the hint that he didn't want to talk anymore. 

"Draco, I feel like you have been avoiding me ever since the article came out," I said, he stopped.

"What, no, I haven't," He laughed.

"Draco, we never hang out anymore," I said, grabbing his arm to stop him from walking the couple meters that were left until we got to the castle. 

"Were hanging out right now," Draco said.

"That's only because I found you walking out here alone," He didn't answer. 

"Draco, don't lie to me, you have been," I stopped crossing my arms over my chest.

"Fine, I have been," He signed, closing his eyes in annoyance.  

"Why? People have said were dating before, it's not a big deal," I said, shaking my head. 

"Listen Blaise-"

"What did he do now! You can't just keep being scared of him every time we want to hang out or someone thinks were dating! What if we were to- "I stopped myself biting the inside of my cheek.

"I'm not scared of him," Draco yelled.

"Well, you obviously are, or we wouldn't be having this conversation, he will be mad at first then he'll get over it," I said.

"So, you mean you want to go on a date together," He smiled, I rolled my eyes, blushing.

"Well, I never said that! I just said that it would be nice for you to not be so scared of Blaise every time we hang out,"

"When that article came out, I had to avoid him for three days before he ended up trying to drown me in the black lake," Draco said.

"He what!" I yelled.

"He tried, don't worry, Crabbe and Goyle stopped him," I couldn't help but laugh as he shrugged.

"Can we be normal and stop thinking Blaise is going to attack you every time we hang out," I said.

"Yeah, I guess," he said.

---

"Now, Professor McGonagall is making me tell you all about the Yule dance, it's a traditional dance that's held with the tri wizard tournament, now I'm supposed to teach you all how to do some basic ball room dancing, Champions must have a date. So I need one volunteers to dance," He said, everyone looked away quickly, avoiding Snape's gaze.

"River! Come up here!"

"What why! Pick someone else!" I said,

"River," He warned,

"The things I have to do for you, Snape," I said, rolling my eyes. I stood in front of him, and he took one hand and placed it on his shoulder, as he held onto the other one. He put his hand on my waist.

"Now, it just goes one, two, three," he said, as we started dancing slowly for them. We waltzed over to the boys. When he dipped me, I glare at Theo, Blaise, and Draco, who seemed to enjoy this too much.

"Okay, get with partners, and I'll start the music," he said, as we stopped. The girls stood up quickly as the boys looked around nervously. Finally, Theo and Blaise both stood up and walked up to Pansy and Daphne. Draco walked up to me, a smile still on his face.