Chapter 23 (Summer)

River's POV

I heard the doorbell ring as I finished the last strand of my hair. Draco had invited me to go with him and his family to the Quidditch World Cup. Blaise, who had been trying to convince my mom not to let me go with Draco, didn't get a ticket in time. I smiled hearing the house elf opening the door and hearing the Malfoy's voices floating up to my room. I finished my hair and ran downstairs. 

"Hello, Narcissa!" I said, jumping down from the last step. 

"Hello, dear, all ready to go?" She asked, I nodded as Mum started to put a strand of my ginger hair behind her ear.

"Yes, all ready," I said, we heard footsteps coming down the stairs, and Blaise stood there, dressed like he was the one about to go.

"And where do you think you're going?" Mum asked, amused.

"Someone has to chaperone them, and so I'm all ready," he said, pulling his shirt from his neck.

"Yes, not like Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy won't be there," I said, rolling my eyes.

"They planned this, I see you what you're doing Cissy, I'm on to you," Blaise said, narrowing his eyes at her. 

"I'm not doing a thing," Narcissa said, innocently.

"No one's buying that," He said,

"Blaise, can you please go grab my bag from downstairs so I can give you guys some galleons," Mum said. He nodded, going back up the stairs.

"Now, is your time! Run! Have a pleasant time!" She yelled, shooing us out. Draco and Lucius were standing outside, talking quietly. I tried not to notice how Draco had grown so much taller, his hair was longer, in a black suit. 

"Why did you not come inside?" I asked after greeting them.

"I was scared Blaise was going to attack," He said, shrugging. I laughed, as our front door opened, Blaise glared at Draco.

"Draco!" He yelled, with my Mum running after them. I groaned as Cissy started showing us in the car.

"We should go, Nora won't be able to hold him back for long," She said.

---

"Ah, Fudge," Lucius said, shaking hands with the Minister of Magic, as we stood in the box seats the Malfoy's had gotten us. 

"How are you? I don't believe you've met my wife, Narcissa? Or my son and his girlfriend, Draco and River Potter," I started blushing as Draco cleared his throat awkwardly, staring at the ground.

"Not girlfriend, Mr. Malfoy, just friend," I said, Fudge laughed as Mr. Malfoy smiled.

"How do you do?" He asked, bowing to Cissy.

"And allow me to introduce you to Mr. Oblansk - Obalonsk - Mr. - well, he's the Bulgarian Minister of Magic, and he can't understand a word I'm saying anyway, so never mind. And let's see who else - you know Arthur Weasley, I daresay?" Fudge said, Mr. Weasley and Lucius glared at each other, before Lucius eyes scanned the rows, where they were sitting,

"Good, Lord, Arthur. What did you sell to get seats in the top box? Surely your house wouldn't fetch this much," Lucius said, softly. Draco chuckled next to me as I rolled my eyes.

"Lucius has just given a very generous contribution to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, Arthur. He's here as my guest," Fudge, who didn't hear or chose not to hear, what Lucius said, smiling at the Weasleys.

"How...how nice." Was all Mr. Weasley could say. Lucius leads us to our seats, going past the Weasleys. Granger and Potter both looked at me, disappointed. I sat next to Draco, crossing my arms, annoyed.