Chapter 57 (Year 6)

River's POV

"You guys look great out there," I told Harry after the Gryffindor's practice, as we walked back up to the castle.

"Everyone else was great, I did horrible." Ron groaned.

"You did great, Ron," Harry said, trying his best to cheer him up.

We walked all the way up to the Gryffindor tower with Harry trying to cheer up Ron as best as he could. By the time we got upstairs, Ron was smiling brightly. Harry pushed open the tapestry near the Gryffindor common room we spotted Ginny with her boyfriend, Dean Thomas, snogging.

"Oi!" Ron yelled. I glanced at Harry, his expression from earlier had changed, he glared at Dean, his face turning slightly red from anger. 

"What?" Ginny snapped, glaring at Ron.

"I don't want to find my own sister snogging people in public!" Ron yelled.

"This was a deserted corridor till you came butting in!"

"Er ... c'mon, Ginny, let's go back to the common room...." Dean nervously said, looking uncomfortable.

"You go! I want a word with my dear brother!" She snapped, Dean nodded deciding to go back up to the common room alone, he brushed past us, not without receiving a glare from Harry.

"Right, let's get this straight once and for all. It is none of your business who I go out with or what I do with them, Ron —"

"Yeah, it is! D'you think I want people saying my sister's a —"

"A what!" Ginny yelled, taking her wand out.

"A what, exactly?"

"He doesn't mean anything, Ginny —" Harry tried but Ginny shook her head,

"Oh yes, he does! Just because he's never snogged anyone in his life, just because the best kiss he's ever had is from our Auntie Muriel —"

"Shut your mouth!" Ron yelled.

"No! I will not!"

"I've seen you with Phlegm, hoping she'll kiss you on the cheek every time you see her, it's pathetic! If you went out and got a bit of snogging done yourself, you wouldn't mind so much that everyone else does it!" Harry stepped in front of Ron.

"You don't know what you're talking about!"

"Just because I don't do it in public —!" Ginny started laughing,

"Been kissing Pigwidgeon, have you? Or have you got a picture of Auntie Muriel stashed under your pillow?" Harry pushed Ron up against the wall as an orange light tried to hit him.

"You-"

"Don't be so stupid! Harry's snogged Cho Chang! And Hermione snogged Viktor Krum, River's snogged Draco Malfoy, it's only you who acts like it's something disgusting, Ron, and that's because you've got about as much experience as a twelve-year-old!" Ginny who sounded close to tears stormed out the room,

"Ginny!" I yelled, trying to walk after her. Harry grabbed my arm and tilted his head at one upset Ron.

---

We walked into the Gryffindor's common room, and Ron stormed upstairs. Harry and I sat on the couch. Harry signed, running his hands through his hair.

"You fancy Ginny, don't you?" I asked, 

"What? N-no, of course not," he said, shifting in his seat. 

"You're a terrible liar! You were ready to punch Dean, why don't you ask her out?"