Everything

TW: mentions of self harm

You sit staring into space, just thinking as she sterilises your arm and begins removing the stitches. Every now and then you catch a sharp intake of breath as she pulls free a deeper one, then progresses with her work.

"What on Earth, I don't understand" she mutters and you shrug, somehow allowing her to touch your arm.

"You didn't leave me anything else to work with"

She scowls and you shrug.

"You could have talked to me"

"You would have stopped me"

"I wonder why?" She says sarcastically, blonde hair falling over her face as she pulls another bit of thread from your skin. You wince and she pauses, stroking the skin softly. The tingles are back again. She looks up at you suddenly and you find yourself captured by her hazel eyes.

You hold your breath as she sits back and lifts her hand slowly to your your face. You want to wriggle away but you make yourself sit still, allowing her to cup your face and sit a little closer.

"What I have in my hand is irreplaceable. It is precious and unique, and so so special. Please don't take it away from me" she says and you look at her from under your eyelashes.

"I'm not sure I have a choice"

"You will always have a choice"

She moves a little closer and you stiffen. She stops then tries again, both of you very close on the bed now.

You bite your lip and her thumb comes to rest on your mouth, soothing it as you relax. She moves closer still, so her face is mere inches from your own. You try to ignore the desperate pounding of your heart as it tries to escape your chest.

"While you are with me, you will always have a choice"

Her warm breath washes over your face and you flush, breathing in the scent of honey and vanilla.

"Will you close your eyes?"

You blink, alarmed and she smiles.

"I won't hurt you"

You nibble on your lip again then nod slightly, giving her another look before shutting your eyes.

"Tell me to stop and I will" she murmurs, getting closer still. Her arms come to wrap around you and you freeze, but she pulls you forward into a soft hug.

"I won't hurt you" she repeats and you try to breathe normally.

"You won't hurt me..."

"Never"

She holds you as you bury your head in her shoulder, snuffling warmly.

"Is this still alright?"

"Yes... yes it's alright"

Finally she pulls away and you open your eyes, blinking and smiling.

"Thank you" you whisper as she slides off the bed and begins to walk away.

"You're very welcome"

"...For not hurting me"

She pauses, still facing the exit.

"I'm not the one who broke your ribs. Not everything has to be double sided. I hugged you because I appreciate you."

With that she leaves the medbay, your head whirring with a thousand thoughts.