First

You wake the next morning to find someone struggling with your door handle. You sit up to see you had apparently jammed the desk chair against it as well as locking it. Some more knocking and worried words float across to you as you rise and take your crutches, finding you can actually walk alright without them. You unlock the door and remove the chair as The Doctor comes bursting in with a tray and a charismatic smile.

"Good morning" you say politely and she nods, placing the tray on your bed as you walk over to it too, keep a firm distance between you two.

"Sleep well?" She asks and you smile as she surveys the security alterations you've made to your room.

"Well I was thinking, as well taking you around the Galaxy we could do some mini therapy sessions, just to make you more comfortable" she raises her eyebrows at you and you shrug, trying to stop the panic currently surrounding you. "Your heart rate has picked up" she notes and you roll your eyes, taking a bit of toast and biting down.

It has thick marmalade and tastes amazing. You smile as you chew, offering her a piece that she takes and chews thoughtfully, ear chain jangling slightly as she shifts.

"Ok first things first" you look up as she swallows. "Would you like me to leave now?" She asks sincerely and you look at her questioningly.

"Um"

"You aren't dressed yet. Would you like me to leave your room?" She repeats and you bite your lip, worried about offending her.

"Okay let's try this is a different way. Would you like some privacy?"

She raises her eyebrows encouragingly and you think.

"Y- yes please" you stammer and she smiles.

"Then I will leave you to finish your breakfast and get ready" she says, rising and leaving you, shutting the door on her way out.

You simply stare at the spot she just occupied, turning this all over in your head. You didn't know her, she had no reason to respect your boundaries. In fact, she was an entirely different species altogether.

Yet somehow, she understood what Ethan couldn't.

You shake your head and get dressed, brushing your teeth and combing your hair then leaving your room cautiously. You couldn't think like this, Ethan loved you. He may not always agree with what you wanted, but it was only because he knew what was best.

And it was stupid of you to question this.