Regretful

You wake once more in the medbay, blinking and feeling extremely heavy. You turn your head to see The Doctor, lying with her head on your bed and apparently asleep. You don't want to wake her so lie back, just thinking.

"Well I hope you're thinking about what you did"

You jump as she raises her head, eyes intense and clearly exhausted.

"I'm-" you start then remember your deal.

"I am regretful" you say carefully as she smiles a little.

"Yeah, me too"

She stretches and stands, pausing as you flinch.

"(Y/n) I need to ask you something"

"Um, ok?

"I have never tried to hurt you in the two days I've known you. I would never hurt you, and I think you know that. No one on this ship would ever lay a finger in you, but still, you are obviously terrified of us." You swallow as she looks at you sadly.

"What did Ethan do to you?"

"Nothing deliberate, he loves me" you say, and it is the truth. He made you feel good, he always gave you complements and he doesn't ever judge your stupid choices or painful past.

She looks at you again before shaking her head.

"Give me a month, better yet a week" she says quickly and you look at her nervously. "Give me a week to change your mind, to show you what you could have. If, by then end of the week you still want to go back to him, I will drop you there myself" she says and you looks at her carefully.

"Do I get a choice or is this happening?" You joke as she smiles.

"I can't make you do anything, but I can show you the amazing, the impossible and the incredible. Please (Y/n). Just say yes" she pleades, blonde hair falling in form of her face.

"Fine" you say and she breaks into a grin. "But you said it yourself, two days have already gone, you've got five left. And then I'm going home, to my boyfriend who loves and respects me" you add and she tries not to make her displeasure too obvious.

"Ok, first stop you're room. You're ankle was a clean break, efficient if messy" she says, grimacing at the memory. "It should heal quickly, but for now you've got some crutches" she says, indicating them by your bed.

You slide off and grab them, steadying yourself before following her out the medbay. She takes you just around a corner and pushed open a door that step through after her. It is a beautiful room in subtle coffee and cream colours, fixed with a huge double bed, matching wardrobe and an en-suite.

"Um, thanks" you say, jumping when a low thrum sounds underneath.

"She says you're welcome"

"Does she now" you breathe.

"I'll see your tomorrow morning. If you need anything, call for me or The Tardis. One of us will hear" she winks them disappears, leaving you to change and get into bed.

Not before the checks however.

You circle the room, finding all possible exits and locking the bathroom door from the outside. You do the same with your bedroom door, clicking the lock several time over just to make sure it was right, even crutching over several times in the night.

You felt by now that The Doctor wouldn't hurt you without good reason, but you certainly didn't trust the others. Eventually you sleep soundly, aware you were finally safe.