Resist

The lights behind your eyes are too bright again. You blink and look up, mouth dry. You swallow but your throat feels dull and scratchy. And there is too much noise. Not much, but more than there should be.

Because apparently you weren't alone, there wasn't just your own steady breaths in the silence. You turn your head to the side and find a blonde head resting on your pillow, hair covering her face, mouth slightly open.

Theoretically you should be panicking, but she couldn't hurt you while she was asleep. You find you are pressed against her body, back in your own room which was a surprise.

She lays fully clothed on your duvet and you simply watch her for a while. She snuffles and you stiffen but she doesn't wake, face scronching as she slept.

You have no urge to move.

Instead you close your eyes and time your breaths with hers, refusing to inch away despite the fact that her arm was draped over your waist and your knees were touching hers. You didn't feel unsafe. In fact, you felt calm enough to sleep. So that's what you do.

You wake again to find soft warm fingers tracing patterns on your face and cheeks, gently moving the hair away and running her fingertips over your mouth. You freeze and see stops, beginning to shuffle away quietly.

"Stay" you murmur and she pauses.

"It's your decision (Y/n), its your choice"

"Stay" you repeat and you guess she is smiling, rolling closer and running her hands through your hair. You don't open your eyes yet.

"What happened?"

"Well you were right. Rosemary. You're allergic aren't you?"

You nod sleepily as she adjusts.

"They put Rosemary in the beads. They didn't know, it's a herb of thanks to them, but to you it meant near death. Your heart tried to stop beating"

"Well you could have given me one of yours"

"I almost did"

You are quiet for a moment as you absorb this.

"You stayed with me?"

"Yes you didn't sleep peacefully. When I hummed you stop fidgeting. I decided to stay after that. I should have asked your permission, and I shouldn't have stayed once you were asleep. I apologise"

"Don't"

She pauses and you open your eyes.

"I really didn't like seeing you hurt (Y/n)"

"I apologise if I scared you" you say, using her terminology. She notices and grins.

"Please don't do that again"

"I won't"

"You looked happier once you were properly asleep. Did you dream?"

You blush and she smiles, intrigued.

"Well whatever they were, I hope they were good dreams"

You nod and settle down against her. She was so warm and cuddly you really couldn't resist.

Yes, they were good dreams.