Realise

She leaves The Tardis hovering in space as she comes to sit next to you. Exhausted, you lay your head on her shoulder, somehow comfortable.

"Thank you for getting me out of there (Y/n)"

"I think you would have done the same thing"

"I'm not sure I would have if I were a human"

"You may have some bruises. I sort of dragged you a bit"

"I don't think I can complain"

You lapse into silence as you think.

"You really shouldn't have risked your life. Not for me. Or for anyone"

"It's just my life. I can do what I want with it"

She smiles and looks down at you, absently stroking your hair.

"Yes, yes you can"

You realise what you said and swallow. But you didn't want to take it back. Ethan loved you but... no, you had to stop saying but. Because that wasn't Love. At least you don't think it was.

You had had a lot of time to think while dragging The Doctor back to the Tardis. And you realised, you probably wouldn't have done that for anyone else. And certainly not Ethan.

"What day is it?" You ask and she frowns, calculating .

"5?"

"I think... I'm happy"

"Day 5 was all it took. You deserve to be happy (Y/n)"

                             *               *                *

That night you are in bed just thinking. Was that really how little time it took for your loyalty to break? You despised yourself in that moment. After everything he did for you.

You begin to sob, feeling desperately sorry for yourself when you hear a small knock outside your door. You wipe your eyes as it opens.

"Were you listening outside my door?"

"Well someone's got to look out for you. I'm not sure how kind you are to yourself" The Doctor replies. "Can I stay for a bit?"

"Yes" you say and she smiles, closing the door behind her and settling on your bed.

"What's wrong sweetheart?"

"Everything"

"Well we'll have to start somewhere"

"I don't know what to do"

"Well that one's easy. Do what makes you happy"

You shake your head and she smiles.

"Come and take a look at something" she says, pulling you out of bed by your hand and leading you out your room. You were exhausted and upset, but still you obliged. You would do almost anything for her anyway.