Top

TW: mild violence

"Perfect, top up please (Y/n)" she says and you lift it.
She is very quiet while she runs her ridiculously warm hands across your stomach and sides. You wince and she stops, tingles erupting from her feather light touch. You blink and she sits back, pulling your top down.

"Well I'm going to have to do a quick x-ray, but I think at least these two are broken" she says solemnly and you nod, swallowing. She pulls out a portable machine and slips some glasses on your face, pulling out a pair form the pocket of her extraordinary violet coat.

She is silent as she surveys the images, as are you, handing the glasses back over without looking at her.

"Interesting, these look more like compression fractures than trauma fractures" she says lightly and you smile an innocent smile.

"Well I am very clumsy" you say and she nods. "Of course, and how did you fall, may I ask?" She says sincerely. You look into her hazel eyes for the first time and find your mouth isn't working. Her eyes look... old, and tired, but her smile is young and genuine. She wears a striped top with blue trousers, held up with yellow suspenders, all under her long violet coat which brushes the hems of her worn brown boots.

Suddenly you are aware she asked you a question, and you trip stupidly on your words.

"Wasn't looking where I was going" you mumble, still staring at her eyes and her smile lessens.

"And Ethan tells me you hit a cupboard at the bottom?" She asks and you nod, not having noticed that detail of the story.

She stands closer and you lean back apprehensively. She stops and looks at you sadly.

"Funny, in a regular apartment I wouldn't think there would be room at the bottom of the stairs for more furniture"

You swallow and looks away. She knows. But it didn't matter, it was still an accident.

"What can I say, we're very lucky" you say to your knees and she lifts your chin. You pull away, disliking the touch.

"There's always help you know. I know dealing with clumsiness can be difficult. But there is support that can keep you safe" she mutters, staring at you pleadingly. You keep your eyes down as she looks at you for a little longer.

"What's your name?" You ask again and she smiles, leaning back.

"I told you, The Doctor" she explains and you frown.

"Yes, but Doctor what?" You ask and she opens her mouth, but what you aren't expecting is a young nurse to throw herself though the door, panting and looking around worriedly.

"You called?" She asks and you inch away in panic.

Ethan re enters looking annoyed. You place your hand on his to calm him down but he jerks it away irritably, not in the mood.

"Are you done yet? We've been here hours" he grunts and you blush in embarrassment. You didn't really like when he talked to people like this. "My girlfriend is hurt, I hope you are doing everything you can to help?" He asks with a slight edge to his voice. The nurse frowns but The Doctor simply smiles.

"I'm afraid (Y/n) will need to stay in over night. You can go home" she tells him and his face redenns. He looks at you expectantly and you get the hint.

"No really, I expect I'm fine" you say with a reassuring smile, sliding off the bed.

"There see, come on, we're going" he says, taking your hand and gripping it tightly. You wince a little but The Doctor steps between you.

"Sir, I really think it would be best if you left, and maybe brought her some overnight things" she says sternly and you swallow.

"We're leaving" he grunts and yanks your arm.

Unsteady and in pain, you wince audibly and bring your free hand to your side, doubling over in excruciating pain.

"Let go of her, now" The Doctor growls and you feel your fear spike. She wraps her arms around you and pulls you gently back to the bed.

"You drop my girlfriend right now or we're going to have a problem woman" he threatens and now you're panicking.

"You won't touch her, leave, or I'm calling the police" the nurse says and he looks at you. Terrified of saying the wrong thing, you remain silent.

"(Y/n), tell them right now that you want to come home with me my love" he says, lowering his tone. You look at him desperately, quite scared now.

"She doesn't want to go with you. Leave" the nurse hisses as The Doctor places herself between you two. His face is pushing red and he steps closer, raising his hand. You shriek and roll to the floor in panic, but no blow comes as usual when you disobey. You look up in time to see the nurse slap him clean across the face. Your eyes widen as he stumbles back from the force.

"Yaz!" Hisses The Doctor exasperatedly but the nurse is massaging her fingers, looking ready to go again.

"You're gonna regret that bitch" Ethan growls and you cover your head. You feel a warm hand wrap around your wrist, and look back up into the hazel eyes of The Doctor.

"Run" she says, and you obey, not out of choice, but out of fear for your life.