Sorry

"Ok (Y/n), welcome to your first Alien planet! Don't touch anything, don't eat anything, and for gods sake don't wander off"

You nod a little worriedly and step out the doors onto... well it was solid ground which was a good start. Sort of Rocky littered with small shrubs. You dig your toe into the ground then step to the side, careful not to turn your back on the men. They all follow you out casually, apparently they've been to a different planet before.

You walk a little way and spin in a circle, just breathing. The air tasted sweet, like gaseous candy floss, and the sky was a shimmering emerald, pale with four or five suns burning overhead. It was warm, with a small moisture to the air that settled in your hair. As you think this, small droplets of what you would call snow falls from the sky, and you extend a hand to catch it.

It is a light grey, and about the size of a gold ball. It had weight, but the ones you saw falling on the floor seemed to literally crack open then turn to liquid. The liquid drips through your fingers but it isn't cold, more sticky than anything.

"Wow" you say, blinking and catching more of the strange alien snow.

"I like a girl that says wow to Alien snow" says The Doctor, making you spin a little fretfully. She holds some then tosses it in the air, catching it and crushing it in her fist.

"So it is snow? It's so... unique. And definitely beautiful. The sky... it's green?!" You stammer and she nods with a grin at your pleasing reaction.

"Unique definitely" she smiles, then steps a little closer making you freeze. "You've just got a little something..." she utters under her breath, reaching a hand out and untangling one of the snow balls from your hair. You stand still, surprisingly comfortable with her touch. She pulls at your hair accidentally as she pulls away and you flinch, then realise your mistake.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to offend you, I just-" you start but she cuts you off.

"(Y/n) it's alright, you didn't do anything. It is my place to apologise for pulling your hair" she says, looking troubled as you blink back tears.

"Ok, yes well apology accepted, I'm sorry I didn't-" you stop when she frowns.

"You're doing it again"

"Sorry"

She raises her eyebrows and you take a deep breathe.

"(Y/n). Stop apologising. You didn't do anything wrong" she looks quite upset now. Oh god, she shows you a wonderful planet and you piss her off. She raises her eyebrows then turns away, neatly dodging a snowball launched by the younger man, Ryan you believed.

You turn and look back at the landscape, sighing at your own incompetence. You would enjoy this trip, but then you would have to get back to Ethan. God you were ungrateful, everything he did to you and you made it seem like a chore. You'd have to plan something special to really make up for your behaviour this time.

As you are thinking you see a disturbance beneath the settling snow. It looked like... like the very rock was moving. You take a cautious step closer, well aware of your surroundings as you lean over. It could be a rock but it looks carved, certainly not a natural shape.

Shaking your hand to release the last of the snow, you wipe off the top layer to find cold stone underneath, but it didn't match its surroundings. This was grey, and shiny and looked reasonably man made, well kept even.

"(Y/n)?" Someone calls and you turn instinctively to The Doctor. She smiles and waves you over, turning back to the box as Yaz hope inside, rubbing her hands together. Yes, it was quite cold.

You turn back one last time to the stone, only somehow it's not there anymore. You blink and widen your eyes, prodding the patch with your toe, but surely the snow can't have covered it that quickly.

A little intimidated, you turn to leave. That's when something cold and hard wraps around your ankle and you tumble to your knees with a badly suppressed shriek. You look up but the others have disappeared back into the box, The Doctor about to step in and join them.

Rolling onto your back, heart thumping, you register the stone you had been looking at. And yes you were right, it wasn't natural. For the details you had noted had apparently been hands. One of which was currently gripping your ankle with crushing strength. You whimper and tug at your leg but the stone holds fast.

"Doctor!" You call back throatily, more terrified of the stone hand than any blonde alien. Correction, hand and face. A terrible face with fangs and a gaping mouth open in a smile. You tug again but it's no use. You were alone and stuck, and The Doctor wasn't coming.

"Oh no you don't!" Someone calls behind you, and you experience the first feelings of relief as you note tremors in the ground, signifying footsteps.

"Hold on (Y/n), keep looking at it, it can't move while you're looking at it!" she says, throwing herself behind you and pulling out a metal device that glows with a yellow light at the end, apparently scanning it's face.

"Don't leave me" you whisper, eyes glued to the emerging statue and she pauses, then smiles a warm smile.

"Never"