xi. shiganshina district

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

THE BREEZE WAS LIGHT as Margot stood in the cemetery, fully adorned in her Scout Regiment uniform as she looked down at Rosaline Ackerman

THE BREEZE WAS LIGHT as Margot stood in the cemetery, fully adorned in her Scout Regiment uniform as she looked down at Rosaline Ackerman. Mila Boudreaux. Augustine Ackerman. Kenny Ackerman. Kuchel Ackerman. Her family. Their graves had all been moved next to each other, which Margot was thankful for. Fidgeting with the flowers in her hand, she lowered them down to the stones. Carnations for Rosaline, Mila, Kenny and Kuchel. Gerberas for Augustine.

She lingered by Augustine's grave for a moment, her finger trailing along his name. It had been changed since the revelation of Kenny's private marriage to Rosaline. Now it was just Augustine Ackerman - "Boudreaux" becoming a middle name. The same applied to Margot.

   "Eleven years..." Margot sighed, staying in a kneeling position. Eleven years without her brother to the day. Ironically, the same day they were scheduled to retake Wall Maria.

   "He would be proud of you." Jean's voice caused her to glance over her shoulder, looking up at Jean and Eren who had both offered to accompany her to the cemetery. "You know that, right?"

   "I hope he would," Margot sighed, tilting her head to lean against Eren's hand as he rested it on her shoulder. "I just wish he was here." Her eyes moved over to the graves of Kenny, Rosaline and Mila. "All of them."

Sucking in a deep breath, Margot rose to her feet and turned to the two boys. For once, they weren't arguing or throwing snide remarks at each other. They had decided to put that aside for the moment - for Margot's sake.

   "Come on," Margot managed a smile, reaching up to put her arms around both of their shoulders. "Let's get this shit over with, eh?"

⚔️

Standing at the top of the wall, Margot felt a little nervous. It didn't show in her outer demeanour at all, but she sure felt it. If Eren failed to plug up the wall in Wall Maria, she knew he would beat himself up about it. A soft sigh left her lips as she adjusted the green cape that laid on her shoulders, making sure it was properly clasped. As she dropped her arms, she felt a hand slip into her own.