xi. four became three

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

   "MARGOT

   "MARGOT." Armin's greeting took a few moments to register in her head, blinking a few times before accepting the boy's hug, appreciating the gesture after so long of just killing and blood baths.

   "I'm getting blood on you," Margot said, pulling away and keeping the boy at arm's length. "Sorry."

   "It's alright," Armin dismissed, looking down at his uniform momentarily. Seeing how downtrodden he looked, Margot gave his hair a soft ruffle, drawing his attention.

   "I know what you're thinking about, Armin," Margot said. He felt guilty about all the people he had killed - probably more people than any of the Scouts had killed that night. He still failed to meet her eyes, and she placed her hands on his face, making him focus properly. "Hey. I know you feel guilty. That's normal. But try not to beat yourself up too much, okay?"

   "It just makes me wonder..." Armin sighed, looking down at Margot. "If this is how he felt."

   "Who?" Margot wasn't quick to catch on, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

   "Bertholdt." Nobody ever really mentioned Bertholdt around Margot, feeling as if it was a sensitive topic for her. Hearing it from Armin felt strange, and she was taken aback for a moment. "Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

   "It's fine, really," Margot shrugged, giving him a reassuring smile. "But I suppose it is how he felt. It's a heavy burden to carry."

Armin's gaze lingered on her face for a few seconds before he nodded, managing an understanding smile before patting her hand, prompting her to let go. As she did, he turned and walked over to the entrance of the plane, the seriousness returning to his face. As he pulled open the door, Levi walked in through the other section of the airship.

   "At least the Lyrians won't turn on us yet, since we brought their queen back in one piece," Levi said, nodding for her to sit down. She did so, sitting on a crate and sighing. "Try not to kill Eren. Or at least wait until we get back to the island."