xii. past pain and lovers

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

   "DIRK SQUAD AND MARLENE SQUAD - Protect the horses at the gate with Klaus Squad

   "DIRK SQUAD AND MARLENE SQUAD - Protect the horses at the gate with Klaus Squad. Levi Squad and Hanji Squad - take down The Armoured Titan!" Erwin instructed the Scouts. "Employ the Thunder Spears at your own discretion! Achieve your objectives whatever it takes. This moment and this battle - the survival of humanity depends on it! Once more for humanity, give your hearts!"

Margot turned on her heel to follow after the others, but Erwin called her back, pausing her in her steps.

   "Boudreaux, you stay with Hanji's squad. Having you and Eren on the same squad will be too risky," Erwin explained. Eren looked between them, clearly disapproving of the decision.

   "Yes, Commander," Margot replied, before turning to Eren. "You'll be okay without me, right? Don't hurt yourself too bad." She chuckled.

   "I just... I don't want you to get distracted when you see Bertholdt," Eren confessed, sighing. Margot frowned, not understanding. "You two were together for a year, Margot. You may not have feelings for him anymore but he still does for you. He's still going to try and bring you back with him, even if you don't want to."

   "But I won't," Margot reassured him, tracing her thumb gently over the Titan marks trailing down from his eyes to his cheekbones. "I told him that last time, and I'll tell him again. I'm staying here. And don't worry, you don't have to worry about me running off with him."

   "I'm not worried about that - I know you won't."

   "Oh? Is that a challenge?" Eren glared at her, and she smiled sheepishly. "Only joking around, Jaeger."

   "Yeah, whatever." Eren grabbed her hand and pulled her forward, planting a kiss on her lips. "I have to go. I'll see you when this is over, right?"

   "Of course," Margot said with a nod. He left albeit hesitantly, their hands detaching once he got far enough. Sighing, she looked down at her hand, the worry she had been feeling for the past few hours seeping out to the surface for the first time. It shrunk back once she felt a hand on her shoulder, turning to see Levi staring at her with a questioning gaze. "What?"