viii. homecoming

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

warning : smut ahead (if you want to skip it, there's an a/n note before it starts and one when it finishes

warning : smut ahead (if you want to skip it, there's an a/n note before it starts and one when it finishes.)

IT HAD BEEN NEARLY TEN MONTHS since Margot had left Paradis with Sasha, and the day for them to both return had finally arrived

IT HAD BEEN NEARLY TEN MONTHS since Margot had left Paradis with Sasha, and the day for them to both return had finally arrived. The visit had been longer than expected, Margot now being eighteen instead of seventeen, but letters had been sent to Paradis to inform them of how they were doing. But it had gotten to the point where both Sasha and Margot just wanted to go home and see their family and friends, and so as they saw the shores of Paradis island come into view, the excitement built up within them.

The ship docked and Margot said her goodbyes to Acantha, who would be returning to Lyria but was leaving a good handful of Lyrian soldiers in Margot's hands. Lyria didn't want to leave their queen without ample protection on an island they didn't fully trust. Honestly, Margot was tired of the "Queen treatment" - being overly protected. While she is grateful for having so much support and love, she was glad to be back somewhere more humbling. She'd been showered with gifts and all sorts back in Lyria, hardly allowed to do anything. Sasha hadn't had much of a problem with it, being given enough food to keep her satisfied.

   "You look exhausted, Margot," Sasha said, giving Margot a small nudge as they stepped off the ship. They were still adorned in Lyrian attire - Sasha in a casual chiton and Margot in a dark red one that had gold stitching, fastened at the shoulders and waist. Her fingers were also covered in various rings, but the one Eren had given her was still on the finger he had placed it on, standing out against the rest.

    "No, just seasick," Margot sighed, thankful to be off the ship. She hadn't taken too well to the sea and it made her feel incredibly nauseous, both on the way to Lyria and on the way back. "At least I'm on land now- shit." Her legs felt like jelly, and Sasha had to catch her from falling. "I'm fine, just give me a few seconds," Margot chuckled.

She didn't get to have those few seconds she requested, hearing the sound of footsteps approaching her before she was swept off her feet, Jean hauling her up and into his arms. She yelped, holding onto him instinctively as her feet left the ground. How much taller is this guy gonna get? She thought, noting the noticeable increase in Jean's height.