xi. the titan

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

   "THE TITAN is trying to help us?" The question had come out in a tone of disbelief, Margot's eyebrows furrowed as she stared at Connie, Mikasa and Armin. They had explained that the Titan had showed no interest in humans, only killing the other Titans that came into its path. It sounded like wishful thinking to Margot, and she couldn't help but be doubtful.

   "It's an Aberrant that kills other Titans!" Connie exclaimed with excitement, turning to point at the Titan in question. "It isn't interested in us. If we can use it, we can escape!"

   "Who told you it isn't interested in us? Did the Titan tell you that?" Margot asked, her question heavily doused in sarcasm. "I've just seen people we trained with for years being eaten by Titans - Sorry I don't want to immediately put my trust in one."

   "Margot, please. You have to trust us," Armin pitched in, his gentle tone calming her down. She exhaled through her nose, glancing over at Jean who looked just as unsure as she did. If I don't get a heavy drink after this and a cuddle from Bertholdt, I'm suing someone.

   "I don't care if it's an Aberrant or what," Mikasa finally spoke up. "We need it to stay here and to keep fighting. That is our most realistic chance for survival."

This Titan was clearly stronger than the other Titans, with a determination to kill the other Titans that was almost frightening. No, not almost. It was very frightening. But it's odd agenda against the other Titans helped them to reclaim the HQ with no further distractions, only having to kill seven Titans that had overrun the supply area. Margot had killed two of them, and the others took care of the rest. If it hadn't been for that strange Titan, there would have been a lot more trouble.

With the supply area cleared of Titans, the cadets quickly began refilling their gas cylinders and re-supplying the rest of their great. Margot felt her muscles finally relax a little, knowing they were safe for the time being. At least for a little while.

   "I don't think I'm cut out to be a leader," Jean sighed as he refilled his gas cylinder, a contemplative look on his face. Margot was sitting between him and Marco, her legs swinging back and forth as she leaned back on her arms, having finished re-supplying. "Don't say things like that again."

Marco glanced at Margot, who looked back at him before nodding, encouraging him to say whatever it was that was on his mind.

   "I hope you won't get mad when I say this, Jean... But you aren't a strong person. So, you can relate to how the weak feel. In addition, you excel in sizing up any situation. Isn't that why you immediately know what should be done?" Jean blinked in surprise at Marco's compliment, unsure of how to respond but allowing the smiley boy to continue. "You gave the right orders. That's why I could jump, and it's why I'm alive. The same for Margot, right?"