v. a change of heart

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

A WARM HAND GLIDED GENTLY OVER MARGOT'S WAIST, carefully pulling her out of her slumber

A WARM HAND GLIDED GENTLY OVER MARGOT'S WAIST, carefully pulling her out of her slumber. There were also the soft kisses being laid upon her neck, causing warmth to spread over her face before she turned her head, seeing Eren looking down at her with a subtle smile on his face. His hair was a mess, not having gotten out of bed yet, but she didn't care. He looked even cuter that way.

Pulling away, he laid back down on his side of the bed and beckoned her over with his hand. After rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she stretched a little before laying her head down on Eren's bare chest, her arm wrapped around his middle. Usually having her naked body so close to him would leave him flustered, but he was feeling content, just wanting to hold her. Nothing more.

   "Margot?" Eren spoke quietly, his voice a little hoarse from having not been awake for that long. Receiving a hum in response, he continued. "If this... everything was to go back to normal - if we ever found peace - what kind of life would you want? With the twins." It had only been a few days since he had learnt about the twins, but they never left his mind. Not once.

   "It's difficult to think about," Margot answered honestly, leaning into his touch as he traced light patterns across her shoulder. Peace seemed like wishful thinking after all they had been through.

   "Try," Eren insisted. Nodding slowly, Margot thought about it, running her thumb over her bottom lip. Sensing that she was finding it difficult, Eren shifted her so that she was laying on top of him, now facing him instead of staring off at the wall beside the bed.

   "I'd want to... live somewhere away from everything else. Somewhere quiet," Margot started. "With you, and the twins. But not too far away from everyone else. You know, Jean, Sasha, Connie and Levi. Armin, Mikasa and Hanji, too... the people we care about. I also want the twins to have friends, like how I had Jean, and you had Armin and Mikasa. But I'd also want them to be protected, and to not feel like their powers are a curse-"

   "Is that how you feel?" Eren asked, sitting up with her in his lap, his arms secure around her waist. "That you're cursed?"

   "Well, it's never brought me or anyone else on my mother's side much good. My mother was killed because of it, and my brother died from the sickness. And I can't help but worry that our boy..." Margot stopped herself. "I just want them to live long, happy lives. That's all. And for the both of us to raise them, as a family."