23 - the shark and the crow

Y/N'S POV

Y/N'S POV

I pace around the room as I collect things for the mission that starts in....I check my watch. Two minutes! Totally not freaking out! Okay I am freaking out, what am I gonna say?

'Hi, my name is Y/N Moyasu and you used to be my sensei before you killed your clan and left your brother in despair-!"

"Y/N!"

"AH!" I stop my pace and fall on back on the floor and I look up to see Kami looking down on me. "If you don't get your ass to the rendezvous point I will-!" "Ok, ok, ok! I'm going!" I grab my pouch and tie it to my leg and run out the room.

"Ah here she is!" the huge, intimidating fish points out. As soon as he says this, I make eye contact with a certain Uchiha. Couldn't be Sasuke...then it's-

"Itachi-sensei." I firmly say as I stand there sweating my ass off waiting for him to respond. His eyes widen at the sight of me and I almost miss a slight smile as he walks out the hideout and Kisame and I follow behind.

"So it was you that Minakami was trying hide me from?" He asks diligently. I only sweatdrop and reply "Uh yeah. Hehe..." I look away as I feel the awkward tension in the air.

"You two know each other?" Kisame asks us. "Yes, when I was a ninja in Konoha, I used to train Y/N to repay her mother." "I never knew it was to repay my mother." I look up to him and give him a quizzed look.

"Yes, your mother helped with a lot of affairs in our clan and her death only saddened us all, so I decided to help you as she would want me to." he responds.

"Well, thanks Itachi-sensei!" I smile brightly and he ruffles my hair as we head closer to the cave. "Uh sorry to ruin the moment but we have some trouble." Kisame interrupts for us to see five Kusagakure ninjas close to the cave.

We quickly get into a stance and the ninjas do so too. We start with taijutsu as I hold off two of the guys. Kisame tries to decapitate another with his sword and Itachi seems to be calm as he already put one in a genjutsu and is using ninjutsu to finish the other.

My focus wavers as one of the ninjas kick me in the stomach and I fly back into a tree. I groan from the pain in my gut and my head and I quickly think of a genjutsu as I wanted to save my kekkei genkai for later.

I call on the jutsu as they drop unconscious on the floor and as I look to my partners. They both were standing there, not with one scratch. I deadpan as quickly bandage my head and we walk up the mountain to the cave.

Kisame seems to be intrigued from the cave and he walks ahead of Itachi and I. "Why did you avoid me?" "Huh?"

Why'd you say huh, huh? Stop doing that! I bonk myself in the head and Itachi gives me a confused look as I awkwardly chuckle and scratch the back of my neck.

"I didn't know how to approach you. It would be awkward. Especially with what had happened in Konoha." I explained to him.

"What happened?" He asks and I fill in the details of how I got kidnapped by Orochimaru and I met Minakami, then how Sasuke joined the snake but I didn't get to see him even once as I was locked up.

"I'm sorry Y/N. No one should go through that." Itachi worries for me. "It's fine, now that he's gone, I think I can live in peace for now."

As soon as I said so, pit of fire blew out the cave and Kisame looked slightly fringed when we got up to the cave.

"So much for peace." I sweatdrop. We walk inside and see the different puzzles as we get through them all, well really Itachi does. But Kisame and I get an A for effort!

We then see another out of fire, but it shouted sideways instead of forward. Now I see why we needed my kekkei genkai. The fire is impossible to get through unless you cross through it directly. But I don't think Sasori would want to become firewood or Kisame as a burnt fish. I wince at the thought.

My eyes turn into an electrifying white as I hold my hand out to Itachi and Kisame. Itachi takes it knowing my abilities as Kisame only stares at it. "Take my hand." I tell him.

He takes it but before we go he replies "Uh how is holding your hand going to help us?" "My kekkei genkai makes me immune to fire, so if I were to touch you, it wouldn't affect you." He makes a silent 'oh' as he begin to walk through the fire. We then make it but see three paths.

How tiring.