9 - slowly but surely

SASUKE'S POV

SASUKE'S POV

Squinting my eyes at the blinding lights, I wake up with a sudden burst of energy. What happened after I blacked out? I thought I died.
'Hold on, what if I-' disrupting my thoughts I hear Kakashi-sensei walk into my room.

"Ah, so you're awake." "Hn." "How do you feel?" "I surprisingly have energy." I look up and try to read his expression. He seems confused until he starts examining me.

"Oh." "What?" I ask eagerly. "This explains Kaen's state." "What happened to her?" I ask as I burst up from my futon. "She passed out at the end of the battle." He then starts to explain what else happened and the misfortune that came to Zabuza and Haku.

"But the mark on your wrist explains everything." I look down to my wrist and see a star mark on it. "What does it symbolize?" "She must've used a special healing jutsu from her clan. It's called the Special Bonding jutsu. If she didn't do this you probably would've died." Kakashi says carelessly. I sweatdrop at his response.

"What does it do? This jutsu." "It's in the name, it gives a life bind to the other user. It's a jutsu usually used by the, uh..." "Moyasu Clan?" "She told you?" "She cleared out some details."

"Well, it's used by only the Moyasu clan and it basically makes the caster and person who's cast in a life bond." "Get to the point." He sighs and says

"If you die, she dies, if she dies, you die. It also explains why it's usually used during a wedding." He says getting off topic. So it's like she marked me or something. Well at least I didn't die and now I have not one but two lives to look after.

"If you think Y/N isn't capable of taking care of herself, then you are just underestimating her. And start packing, we need to start heading back to Konoha." he says walking out the room.

-time skip-

We said our goodbyes to Tazuna and his family after he named the ridiculous bridge after a ridiculous person. Naruto. The hells so special about him. I scoff at the thought.

Since I was the reason Y/N was in a horrible condition, I had to carry her. Not that I'm complaining, she's honestly really light. I can feel her breathing against my neck in soft whispers. I'm not gonna get anywhere if she keeps doing this to me.

As we walk through the gates, Kakashi tells me to admit Kaen into the hospital while he checks in with the Hokage. I soon drop her off and head to the Uchiha compound.

I need to drop my feelings for Y/N so I can finally kill him. I decided I was going to let her down, slowly, but surely. I didn't want to hurt her feelings but I need to because my sole purpose is to avenge my clan.

 I didn't want to hurt her feelings but I need to because my sole purpose is to avenge my clan