21 - the path of darkness

SASUKE'S POV

SASUKE'S POV

Today is the day I'm finally leaving the village. I'm planning to leave tonight to embark with the Sound Four to get stronger. At least not without Kakashi lecturing me about the fight with Naruto and I.

"Just think about it, please." he asks me as he gives a concerning look and leaves me to my thoughts. I only sit there waiting for dawn to arise so I can finally leave this village.

Soon enough, I'm walking the trail that leads to ends of the village. The only thing I really brought was my kunai pouch which included my weapons and the scrapbook that perfectly fit in my pouch. I still needed to go over some of the clips and photos.

Then a certain pink-haired kunoichi got in the middle of my path.

"Where are you going Sasuke?" she asks worriedly. "I'm leaving." my voice is monotonous. "Why? Is the village not good enough? Is this about Naruto?" she scrambles towards me to convince me not to go.

"I'm leaving so I can become stronger to avenge my clan. Staying here is only making me weaker." I say truthfully. "You don't need to leave Sasuke! You can get stronger here!" "No I can't Sakura!" I yell back.

She breaks down crying and confesses her undying love for me that she showed ever since day one. I begin to feel guilt but it didn't stop me.

"Thank you Sakura." my last words flow from me to her as I knock her out and lay her on the nearby bench and continue my trail to become stronger. So I can kill my brother. And protect Y/N.

Y/N'S POV

"Did you hear Sasuke joined Orochimaru now?"
"Oh yeah, but the snake is just gonna use him as a vessel." someone snarks.
"Some Uchiha he is."

Sasuke wouldn't fall for that, dumbass goons. Though he shouldn't have joined him, there's no turning back now. Sasuke chose the path of darkness.

He's been consumed by the anger and hatred that he fostered towards his brother and he's going to turn into strength to defeat his only biological family in his life. How traumatic. He's going to regret it and probably kill himself. Mistake or no mistake.

As I block out the gossip, I found my headphones in my kunai pouch. I don't remember the last time I used these. Good old fashioned black headphones. I'm surprised they're clean. They used to belong to my mother.

"SOMETIMES I CRY SO HARD FROM PLEADING

SO SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THE NEEDLESS BEATING

BUT BABY WHEN THEY KNOCK YOU

DOWN AND OUT, IT'S WHERE YOU OUGHTA STAY"

The words hit my heart harder than before as i crawl in a ball laying on my flimsy bed in an empty room. As I listen more, I begin to see every little detail I've never noticed before.

The tiny cracks in the wall, the patterns that align together, the wick that is lit by my fire that made the room look pink.

I've never took the time to see where I'm at. As a kunoichi, I really just went with the flow and did what I needed to. But when you stop time for a second, you see things you've never seen before. Whether it's something major or minor.

I don't think I'm leaving any time soon. Not while that cretin is stuck here with his four-eyed assistant. That son of a bitch.

You then hear a faint sneeze from the hallway and you give a slight smile from the coincidence.

Team 7 might be separated for now, but knowing Naruto, we'll be back together. Even if it takes years. I'll see you soon, my friend.

 I'll see you soon, my friend