19 - illusions

SASUKE'S POV

SASUKE'S POV

Sitting in the hospital is not how I intended to spend my time after the exams. Not only that I haven't seen Y/N in days. Naruto was also in the hospital but in a different room for now.

It irritates me about how strong he's getting but it's like I'm getting weaker by the minute. I'll never be able to kill my brother at this rate. Age would get to him faster than me.

Suddenly, I hear a knock at the door and I give a quick 'come in'. Someone opens the door and I see Kakashi-sensei with saddened eyes. "What happened?" I ask abruptly.

"It's about Y/N." he says to me. "What about her?" I ask. "She's been kidnapped. Specifically by Orochimaru." My pupils become dilated as I process the information. That sick snake bastard. Why'd he go after Y/N instead of me? Am I next?

"The elders are trying to get down to the bottom of this investigation, but this is only the least of their worries. Citizens are in need of resources and we need to start rebuilding the village. We've already searched her apartment, but if you'd like, you can see if you can find clues we missed." Kakashi says with a hint of authority in his voice.

Before I even knew it, a salty tear fell down my cheek as I looked down at my lap into my bandaged hands. I didn't even get to say goodbye. I didn't get to say sorry. I purposely avoided her and pushed her away and now that she's out of my sight, she's gone.

I get out of bed and escape through the window as hot tears keep coming down and before I knew it, I was standing on the balcony of Y/N's apartment. I walk in and I see these illusions of her parading around in the small house she calls home.

Her in the mirror twirling around in a pretty piece of clothing she bought, her singing along to a song on the radio, her cooking her 'famous' tomato soup, and then there's me.

I'm sitting on the island stool as I stare at her through my dark eyes as she hums to a upbeat tune while she mixes the delicious smelling tomato soup. The way I saw her through my eyes. I was in love, even a blind man could tell.

I finally blink and all I see is a crashed apartment drenched in blood and markings. I fall to the floor as my tears drip to stained wood. I glare intensely into the floor until my eyes are glossed with such water that it was hard to see.

I stay in that position for a few hours until I become aware of my surrounding again. The floor was soaking wet and my eyes were red and dry. The floor beneath my feels very hollow.

I search for any crack or misplaced tiles as I find one right under me. I press lightly but firmly as the plank goes upwards almost in a seesaw motion. Under the tile, I see a dainty scrapbook well placed together.

I take it out and as I let go of the tile, it goes back to normal. I open the scrapbook and the first thing I see is a baby wrapped in pink laced blankets. Under the photo, it captioned 'Y/N Moyasu, (your birthday), heir to the Moyasu clan'

I flip it over to see two people, specially an older woman with h/c hair with a white streak and a little girl with black hair holding the woman's hand while her other hand held a dango.

I flip through the photos recognizing them as the little innocent looking girl in the photos was my favorite person in the whole world.
Y/N.

I then flip it over and see that there is mini chip meant to be in a bigger device. The title, 'seasons without ma'. I walk over to the living room as I put the first chip in the television and the clip begins rolling.

The leaves crunch beneath the girl in low pigtails with h/c hair with a red streak in her hair and a white long linen dress sits by a Sakura tree.

"First season without ma, it doesn't feel right. Father has only drifted away further as I don't see him at all." There's only silence after the statement.

"Cherry blossoms are supposed to mean renewal. To be renewed. To extend, to resume, to renew." She says as she gives a good thing to think about.

"Ms. Moyasu, dinner is ready!" "Oops! Gotta go, I'll see you later!" The girl talks to nobody in particular as she ends the clip and the television goes black.

Sasuke looks at the clip as he's reminiscing of the memories of the little girl he would've loved to know even better. He automatically skips to the last clip as it has the most recent date.

The clip started rolling as a older and more mature looking girl with popped on the screen. "Do you ever just see someone and think, 'I'm about to beat this bitch up.' Yeah?" The girl rambles on to her problems.

"Just makes you wanna- AGH!" she sets her hands on fire and her hair suddenly lifts for an effect. "Mark my words, one day I'm going to leave my father in this damn clan and when I come back, I'll be respected by not only my father, but men." She glared

"Have I ever told you how much I hate men?" They think they can trample somewhere and automatically say 'hey this is mine'- well guess what, NOBODY FUCKING CARES!" she smashed the camera and the clip stopped rolling.

Sasuke gives a sad smile at the clip and takes the photo book with him as he heads to the office to turn it in as evidence. But first, obviously taking a few photos of the girl.

 But first, obviously taking a few photos of the girl