Inferior

"Sometimes our minds can be our biggest enemy, as well as being our saviour...."
****

June POV

I was parked on the curb in front of the entrance of Mr. Jeons building. I hadn't felt like walking in, so I simply messaged Moon, informing him that I was parked outside and ready when he was.

I was his chauffeur (personal driver) after all, I wasn't inclined to do anything more than that, so I try to keep my distance and stick to keeping things strictly professional, nothing more, nothing less.

I can't allow myself to get personally involved with them, it'll only make things worse....

I thought to myself. I already feel like I'm losing sight of why I originally took this job, and that in itself is a sign as to why I need to further distance myself, to stop a personal and emotional attachment from evolving between them.

"Heya kid, how you feeling today?" Moon interrupts my rapid train of thoughts as his bodyguard unlocks the door and allows him to get in.

"I'm doing the best I can Sir, how are you today?" I smile politely, forcing myself to keep a nonchalant attitude.

"Well, I'm not too bad either. I'd feel a lot better if we find a lead to the case I'm working on though, it'd be really helpful if there was some kind of witness at least" he looks at me through the rear view mirror, a knowing smile gracing his lips and a tilt to his head.

Something about the look on his face makes me feel uneasy, yet strangely, intrigued. My hands curl around the steering wheel tightly as I force myself to make eye contact through the rear view mirror.

"I hope you find what you're looking for soon"

He lets out a chuckle, followed by a gentle sigh as he looks away before looking back "I think I might've found it, thanks to you"

Confusion riddles my features, my brows furrowing together at his statement.

He can't possibly know?...

"What do you mean by that Sir? Are you implying something?..."

"Why would you assume I'm implying anything?" He quirks a brow. I look away to begin driving as I focus on the road "Do you know something?"

"No Sir, I was just wondering"

I hear him click his tongue as he sighs, before going completely silent. My body tenses at the uncomfortable tension in the air, his long intimidating silence making me want to cower in my own skin.

For such a small and petite man, he really knows how to keep you on a thin line. He's scary and intimidating when he needs to be, which is probably why he's such a talented detective.

"Where were you during your break June?" He finally speaks up, his tone calm and gentle, making it difficult for me to decipher exactly what he is feeling.

"I was at a carnival Sir, I wanted a new change of scenery" I told him truthfully, I didn't see any point in lying as he'd simply see right through my deception.

"Really? Did you happen to see kook and Jiminie there? They sent me videos earlier of them riding the pirate ship. Jimin couldn't stop screaming, it was hilarious but I felt so bad for my lil baby" he cooed, recalling the memory in his head.