Malevolent

"Even Satan himself falters...."
****

3rd Person POV

Jungkook sped through traffic, breaking every red light as his mind reeled a storm of emotions. He was fully geared and equipped, backed up with ten SUV's following behind him.

His knuckles had turned white with how tightly he was gripping the steering wheel, his jaw clenched the entire time and his body remained tense and alert. He was on edge, on the verge of snapping as he continued to fume in his mind.

Moon hadn't attempted to open his mouth or say anything, knowing he should've kept a tight leash on June the moment he found out his relation with Jimins past abuser and kidnapper.

He knew he was at fault for not monitoring him closely, but the broken and sorrowful ambiance encasing June's entire build, made it extremely difficult for Moon to restrain him in any way. Not that he wasn't already mentally restrained.

He didn't know what to do with the younger, so he had planned to call Jungkook over to discuss everything June had told him, and whatever Jungkook had suggested, Moon was planning to carry it out.

He is a father after all. So he couldn't help but feel responsible for June's well-being and care, especially after finding out his neglectful upbringing and his lack of human interaction and affection.

So upon finding out what June had done, all Moon felt was an all consuming guilt that began eating at his core. His body was slightly trembling at the fear of the unknown and the danger he potentially put his son in law through.

Moon chewed the inside of his mouth, his fingers wringing together anxiously as he felt his heart beat rapidly inside his chest.

It's all my fault...

He thought, wishing he had dealt with the situation a lot better. Whenever he saw June, he was constantly reminded of the boy he couldn't save in one of his investigations years ago. He was blinded with the thought of not repeating the same mistake and providing June with what he failed to give one of the victims from his past case.

It was a traumatising case, one that he never managed to get over. He constantly blamed himself for the lost young soul, biting his tongue at never asking the boy whether he was truly ok.

So when he saw June, he was once again met with the same exact void eyes and broken soul of Donhoon, the boy that he had failed to protect.

"I-I'm sorry kook...." moon softened, voice wavering as his hot tears streamed down his cheeks in rivulets. He felt pathetic, and utterly useless "I thought I could save him this time...."

Jungkook didn't tear his eyes away from the road despite hearing the heartbroken tone of his dads voice, he couldn't seem to care about anything else going around him as his mind was occupied with the lone thought of his lover.

"Save who?" He muttered

Moon let out a shaky breath, staring aimlessly ahead "June... I just didn't think any of this was going to happen...I thought that if I tried harder and paid more attention to him, I could protect his life..."

"Yet you managed to endanger Jimins life with your decision" Jungkook scoffed without thinking, only to regret his words at the distraught expression painting his dads features "Dad I didn't-

"I know..." moon smiled weakly "you're right though... for being a detective, I'm not that bright, am I?...." he chuckled humourlessly

"Dad stop. I didn't mean it, I'm sorry" Jungkook sighed "My emotions are all over the place, so I apologise in advance for anything I say or do that could potentially hurt you. You know it's never my intention"